Is it worth it to try to go after her?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2019 at 2:07 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

occuliare
    occuliare
    Participant
    November 2, 2019 at 5:26 pm #224530

So, I had this thing with a girl in the spring but she’s in a relationship with someone else now. I still have feelings for her. Is it worth it to tell her I want to be with her? I want her back.

Jack_P
    Jack_P
    Participant
    November 3, 2019 at 4:11 pm #224542

If you chase someone who is in a relationship, 99% odds are you will hit your head against a wall. Forget her and move on to someone else. If she becomes available later, you’ll see. Good luck!

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    November 4, 2019 at 1:54 am #224551

It’s a little bit hard to offer advice without knowing why it didn’t work out in the first place.
    Did she end it or did you end it and why? What has “changed” that would make things work out now?

Based upon the fact SHE is already in a new relationship suggests she decided YOU weren’t “the one” for her.
    On the other hand if you dumped her and she’s moved on you’re also probably wasting your time.
    Most people have no desire to be in an on again/off again relationship.

Last but not least how did you guys end it.
    Did you remain somewhat “friends” who occasionally check in on each other?

Being a “platonic friend” after a relationship ends sometimes allows one to sit on the bench waiting for another opportunity.
    Do not aggressively pursue her. Check in on her every three-six months just to say hello and touch base.
    If she’s ever in between relationships suggest meeting up for lunch/drink and see what happens from there.
    In the meantime you should go out/date other girls, hang out with friends, and live your life!