Is no label ok?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Is no label ok?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2018 at 12:52 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

andrea_124
    andrea_124
    Participant
    July 10, 2018 at 1:37 pm #178887
    Is no label ok?

So I’ve been dating this guy for 6 months now. We are exclusive and already exchanged i love you-s. The thing is we don’t have a label yet. We already had our talk. He said he didn’t want to rush me after all I’ve been through because it hasnt been a year since my last break up (from my 6th year relationship), after that 2 of my family members passed away. In my opinion, for now, I’m still ok with us having no label since I still want to get to know him more . It hasn’t been a month since we said the L word and I want to see what will be our emotional growth first. And maybe after a month I’ll make things clear and make out thing official.

But one of my friend said that I shouldn’t agree on this kind of thing. Thaat there should be a label first.
    In my own perspective I want to have emotional investment first before labeling things. Am I wrong? Should we make things official first?

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    July 10, 2018 at 4:14 pm #178929

“I’ve been dating this guy for 6 months now.”
    We are {exclusive} and already exchanged i love you-s. ”
    “The thing is we don’t have a label yet.”

” I want to have emotional investment first before labeling things. Am I wrong? Should we make things official first?”

Anytime two people are in an {exclusive relationship} and saying they love one another they’re a couple!
    If there isn’t an “emotional investment” you shouldn’t be saying “I love you”.

Casual daters, friends with benefits, and booty calls don’t say “I love you” or claim to be in an “exclusive relationship”.
    It became official the minute you two decided you didn’t want to date other people. You’re no longer on the “open market”.
    Exclusive means there is a form of commitment between you.

The only exception is if the whole relationship is a “secret” which means you may be a “booty call” after all.

Otherwise if other people (his/your friends) know you’re in an “exclusive relationship” then you are a couple!