is she interested? cant tell by these signs

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    August 8, 2019 at 12:10 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

ibobee
    ibobee
    Participant
    January 27, 2019 at 1:01 pm #193535

hey im a pretty reserved and shy guy and im very interested in a trade school classmate (both 17). i think my feelings are obvious to her, as i dont have problems when talking to other girls in class. we dont talk very often as i think she is shy as well. when we do talk, she gives me her full attention and smiles with lasting eye contact, and sometimes genuinely laughs at really stupid jokes i say. can barely look at her when i walk past her (or sit across class from her) because of my social anxiety. she might have a boyfriend, but i cant find her social media anywhere and i shudder at the thought of asking her if shes single. i overthink way too much and this is my first time seriously considering a relationship with someone. i would appreciate any advice. 🙂

sorry for the erratic language, this has been on my mind for a while lol

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    January 28, 2019 at 3:36 am #193549

“i think my feelings are obvious to her,”
    “we dont talk very often..”
    “she might have a boyfriend”
    “i shudder at the thought of asking her if shes single…”

“this is my first time seriously considering a relationship with someone..”
    SLOW YOUR ROLL!

If you don’t talk very often it’s a huge leap to expect to jump into a (relationship) with them.
    Your best bet would be to spend (more time) getting to know her better.
    It’s impossible to know whether you are compatible with someone without investing some time being with them.
    If there has been no real flirtatious banter on her side her niceness could simply mean she’s friendly.

Last but not least never let fear of rejection keep you from approaching girls.
    Rejection at it’s worst saves you time and potential heartache from being in the “friend zone”.
    In a world with over 7 Billion people rejection just means: Next!

Best wishes!

Weedle
    Weedle
    Participant
    January 28, 2019 at 8:29 am #193543

Go for it and ask her worse she can say is yes and best is no. Eye contact and smiles are a good sign you are young as well make the most of that youth worse case she says Yes she does but there are plenty of fish in the sea if so. I wasted High school where I was in a good environment and let me tell you I regret it. Good luck!
    -From a sad and lonely 26 year old but great advice giver according to friends (T_T)

Weedle
    Weedle
    Participant
    January 28, 2019 at 10:46 am #193606

Last but not least never let fear of rejection keep you from approaching girls.
    Rejection at it’s worst saves you time and potential heartache from being in the “friend zone”.
    In a world with over 7 Billion people rejection just means: Next!

I like this! This is worthy of my Quote book.
    Best of luck to OP no matter what he chooses to do “Life is full of choices you just have to full in the blanks.” -My High school gym and health teacher

*ERROR: Your reply cannot include links.* seems to not like it’s own Quote system :/

SadLonelyGuy0079
    SadLonelyGuy0079
    Participant
    January 28, 2019 at 9:12 pm #193646

Don’t have much advice good luck.

avoidingafriendzone
    avoidingafriendzone
    Participant
    January 30, 2019 at 1:04 am #193739

Considering you are both 17, it is likely she has friends around, no? I would maybe ask someone you feel comfortable with if they know her relationship status. Otherwise, go with the flow! If you think she is interested, it’s likely she is.

tinkerbell
    tinkerbell
    Participant
    January 31, 2019 at 7:59 pm #193858

i would just ask her out, especially since when you finish school, it will be hard to reconnect. if she is shy and you are shy, no one will do anything and both of you will wonder what if. just try to talk to her and then casually try to invite her out somewhere

LupiyardoPoomiha1
    LupiyardoPoomiha1
    Participant
    January 31, 2019 at 11:19 pm #193863

Just make small talk with her – keep it light and easy. For shy guys ‘small talk’ means compliment her on something she says or does or something she wears. Something nice like that outfit looks real pretty on you or something like that. Then don’t linger and be weird, just move along after smiling or something. Just be casual and nice and take it easy. Best advice – don’t take it so seriously! You’ll have lot’s of opportunities beyond this girl. But hey if you like her, show it, and say nice things that show you like her.

GJ
    GJ
    Participant
    February 2, 2019 at 4:35 pm #194029

Welcome to the world of dating and relationships. Wow! What a potentially exciting and confusing time. Think about how complicated your relationship is with yourself. A lot of feelings; some more comfortable and pleasant than others. Now consider another person with their relationship to themselves. When two people start to date you have the combination of you, the other person and now the combination of the two of you. There is a great deal of stimulation. some is exciting and some often creates worry, anxiety, and confusion.

Learning to date is very similar to learning to drive a car. You first learn how to control the car and slowly progress to traveling in more crowded and faster moving roads. In dating you are the car. Take it slow. Know where you want to go. In this case you want to first spend more time simply talking to this girl. First by text, then by phone or at school in person. Then traveling together to another place what we call a date. the date is a destination.

GJ
    GJ
    Participant
    February 2, 2019 at 4:35 pm #194030
    Reply To: is she interested? cant tell by these signs

Hello Ibobee

Welcome to the world of dating and relationships. Wow! 17 years old. What a potentially exciting and confusing time. Think about how complicated your relationship is with yourself. A lot of feelings; some more comfortable and pleasant than others. Now consider another person with their relationship to themselves.

When two people start to date you have the combination of you, the other person and now the combination of the two of you. There is a great deal of stimulation. Some is exciting and some often creates worry, anxiety, and confusion.

Learning to date is very similar to learning to drive a car. You first learn how to control the car and slowly progress to traveling in more crowded and faster moving roads. In dating you are the car. Take it slow. Know where you want to go. In this case you want to first spend more time simply talking to this girl in person at school. In time you might want to move towards a date.

GJ
    GJ
    Participant
    February 2, 2019 at 4:35 pm #194031
    Reply To: is she interested? cant tell by these signs

The date is not this big thing you go after. It is the natural development of two people connecting through talking that leads to wanting to continue connecting in person at some agreed upon location. The car is driving down a specific road at a specific speed. That’s it. Don’t make anything more of it. You are taking your connection with this young woman for a test ride.

Dating is not an event it evolves from a process. Keep talking to this young woman knowing that you want to take this connection to some agreed upon location.
    If the connection between the two of you develops look for the signs, the words, the hints that she wants to spend more time with you. The first step is to increase your communication at school and then additional communication by text and phone.

Why do you think you are comfortable talking to other girls and not this girl?
    I look forward to your reply and giving you my feedback.
    GJ