Is she interested or not?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    May 5, 2019 at 12:15 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Mnkyd090
    Mnkyd090
    Participant
    March 13, 2019 at 3:26 am #196598

Long story short, this girl and I had a 1-2 month fling about 2 years ago. We had sex once but I would sleep with her during that time period. We both liked each other. She told me we couldn’t be in a relationship due to her families expectations. Her fam wanted someone her to be with someone from her community and from a wealthy background. Things from there started to fall apart. I haven’t seen her for a year now and I happen to be on a dating app and ran across her. I still have her number and hit her up. To my surprise she answered and knew it was me without me telling her it’s me. So i’m assuming she kept my number. We texted a lil and I asked her if she wanted to grab drinks or dinner with an old friend? She said “That would be fun but I’ve been super busy, maybe when my schedule clears up.”

Is she still somewhat interested and Is that way of her saying no or is she seriously busy? She’s a student and part of a sorority and is about to graduate in May.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    March 13, 2019 at 5:49 pm #196677

“She told me we couldn’t be in a relationship…”
    “I happen to be on a dating app and ran across her. I still have her number and hit her up.”
    “We texted a lil and I asked her if she wanted to grab drinks or dinner with an old friend?”
    ” She said “That would be fun but I’ve been super busy, maybe when my schedule clears up.”

There is NOTHING you wrote here that would indicate SHE is romantically interested in YOU.
    It was you that contacted her 2 years later. It was you who invited her out for drinks.
    She told you she was “super busy” and did not commit to going out.

Move on!
    As you noted she still has your number and therefore when her schedule “clears up” she can call you.

However I would not hold my breath. As for “keeping your number”, lots of people don’t bother to delete numbers in their phone. I probably have some numbers of deceased people in my own phone.

Best wishes!

patrickwednesday
    patrickwednesday
    Participant
    March 14, 2019 at 12:17 pm #196713

hard to tell so far…. I’d try contacting her again in a bit of time, keep the contact going, see what vibes you pick up – if she’s still busy all the time you’ve got your answer…if she wants to meet…happy times 🙂

afireblue
    afireblue
    Participant
    March 14, 2019 at 12:17 pm #196714

I concur with dashingscorpio here… She, in my opinion, made it clear that you are not the one for her. She is obviously looking for someone else, hence being on a dating site. The best thing for you right now, is to move on. There are plenty of other girls out there, it takes time and effort but you will find one.

All the best