Is she really busy? leading me on? wtf?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2018 at 8:27 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

italostalo23
    italostalo23
    Participant
    September 27, 2018 at 2:05 am #185472

So I went on two dates with this girl I used to go to high school with, we were pretty good friends in high school and fooled around a bit but nothing ever serious. We dated here and there throughout the years, but nothing ever came to fruition. She just got back from living in Italy a couple of months ago, So I contacted her and we went for coffee, that date went well so a couple of weeks later we went on a second, this time bowling. She kind of surprised me in the bowling lane and kissed me right after i threw my first strike lol. we were kissing here and there while bowling, but I have to admit I’m not super into public displays of affection, so i kinda walled her off. we grab drinks and start to talk, but the conversation was kind of weak on both ends, this is the first time ever our conversation kind of sucked. So at the end of the night I walk her back to her car, she tells me next time I can pick her up and we should go for drinks, so we make out in the parking lot a bit.

italostalo23
    italostalo23
    Participant
    September 27, 2018 at 2:05 am #185473

and she tells me to text her when I get home. i ask her out again, she tells me shes busy a couple of times, So this is where I probably screwed up, i text her saying, that I like her but it can be hard for me to be intimate with someone if i can only see them once every 2-3 weeks just telling her how I am. She tells me, shes going through chaos at work, she settling into her new place trying to visit family and friends, she doesnt want to rush into anything but still wants to see me, I tell her Im not looking for any commitments without its proper steps. we text back and forth here and there, and ive asked her twice now if she wanted to go on another date, and she just keeps telling me she has a lot going on but she still wants to see me, she even told me I was more than welcome to explore other options (i have been) and in the same sentence saying she still wants to hang out. I’m just confused. its always, Im busy but i still want to see you.

icecake89
    icecake89
    Participant
    September 27, 2018 at 9:10 am #185479

It sounds like she may be trying to hint for you to move on, because she mentioned she’s ok with you exploring other options. That or she may be trying to play hard to get, because these stupid rules we girls are told to follow when trying to get a guy. Not sure though, I’d say give yourself some space from her for a little while before reaching out to her again, and who knows she may reach out to you first if she really likes you.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    September 29, 2018 at 3:11 pm #185760

“…she even told me I was more than welcome to explore other options…”
    That statement tells you all you need to know.

If someone were truly “into you” the last thing they’d want is for you to explore other options.

They would not want to risk leaving you on the “open market” because another woman might snatch you up!
    Move and continue dating other women. If she ever calls you then give it some consideration to squeeze her into the rotation.
    However I would not invest a lot of time, money, and energy hoping to make something special out of what you have with her.

ActionThought
    ActionThought
    Participant
    September 30, 2018 at 6:20 am #185771

Lack of time and energy will make the relationship fail to begin with let her get her shit together