Is this a bizarre topic for a first date? Should I stay away?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2018 at 1:36 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

SuHyunJing
    SuHyunJing
    Participant
    September 20, 2018 at 2:39 am #184790

So I recently went on a first date with a guy that seems great but he made a weird comment should I stay away?
    Basically, he told me right off the bat that he has hearing loss and I was ok with it but then when I saw him in person he went on a rant about how his doctors say that he has noise induced hearing loss but he feels that his hearing loss was actually caused by harmful medications/chemicals that they (his doctors) gave him? I didn’t know how to respond so I just awkwardly said well maybe you have both noise induced hearing loss and hearing loss from the harmful medications/chemicals?
    I don’t know…it was just weird for a first date right? Should I stay away?

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    September 20, 2018 at 10:07 am #184821

Move on!
    The purpose of date is for both people to get to know each other better.
    If one person is simply talking about himself especially on a first date that’s a “red flag”. (Possibly narcissistic)
    Most people also don’t want to talk about their “problems” or “challenges” when they’re looking to impress someone.
    Anyone going on a “rant” during a first date is probably not very romantic or they’re not romantically interested in (you).