Is this a good idea?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Is this a good idea?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    September 9, 2018 at 2:25 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

brick-49
    brick-49
    Participant
    July 9, 2018 at 1:09 pm #178794
    Is this a good idea?

So I have had a crush on this girl for a few months now and I am getting to the point where I need to make something happen. I asked her out to dinner in May and she told me she was going through a breakup with a guy she was in a long distance relationship with and once she figured things out she wouldn’t be opposed to going with me. I’ve seen her a bunch of times since then because she works at the bar I go to on weekends and we have texted here and there but nothing serious. I have not mentioned her situation or asked her out again and she hasn’t brought it up at all. So here is my question…next weekend she is a bridesmaid in a wedding that I will also be attending. Do you think at some point during the wedding it would be a good idea to ask her what is going on and if she will ever take me up on my offer? I know she does not have a date to the wedding and neither do I. Any thoughts would be great. Thanks

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    July 9, 2018 at 1:54 pm #178797

Just go to the wedding and party with her at the reception. (drink, dance, talk, and laugh…)
    Treat it as if you’re already on a date. If you have a blast together then at the end ask her out.

The great thing about wedding receptions is there is no “date pressure”
    People generally relax among friends and family. There is usually alcohol and dancing.
    There’s always someone or something the two of you can observe or crack jokes about.

Make up your mind to have a great time and see where that takes you.
    Don’t be surprised if there is another girl you end up connecting with!

CROWNrsf
    CROWNrsf
    Participant
    July 9, 2018 at 8:28 pm #178821

I second dashingscorpio. It should be a much more relaxed setting so im sure that being yourself and showing your concerns wouldnt be a bad thing. just tell her how you feel and be straight up with her!

FridRix
    FridRix
    Participant
    July 10, 2018 at 2:11 am #178825

at this wedding, invite her to one slow dance and dance. ONLY DANCE. Then try to start a conversation. If it did not work out then invite another slow dance and calm voice to ask all that interests you

juliegurl27
    juliegurl27
    Participant
    July 10, 2018 at 4:37 am #178830

Just take things slow. Just like yeah inviting her for a slow dance.

Camaro8282
    Camaro8282
    Participant
    July 27, 2018 at 11:34 am #180365

I agree with the above comment

maldoror
    maldoror
    Participant
    July 27, 2018 at 2:44 pm #180380

i also agree