Is this a red flag

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Is this a red flag

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2019 at 9:38 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

flamey3212
    flamey3212
    Participant
    June 22, 2019 at 10:21 pm #202618
    Is this a red flag

Hi everyone so I met this guy on okcupid and everything’s going well so far but I saw that he had an Instagram but he only had a few pics and only 20 followers, I know I’ve heard people say if someone has too little or too many friends, it’s a red flag but idk as I honestly don’t get very far with people on dating apps, to the point where we add each on social media and I’m very inexperienced with online dating. He’s a bit shy as he has anxiety, so I don’t know if maybe that’s why.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    June 23, 2019 at 9:29 pm #202647

I wouldn’t jump to any conclusions right away.
    If you have never met in person, he refuses to use video chat, or starts professing his love those are red flags.

When people mention the lack of social media presence and photos they suspect the person’s profile is fake.
    You didn’t say whether or not you have met in person of if lives nearby where you’re in a position to meet.
    The best long distance relationships are between couples who have already met or dated in person.

If you have never met this guy it’s a good idea for you both to keep your options open and date other people.
    No one should become emotionally invested in someone they have never seen face to face.

flamey3212
    flamey3212
    Participant
    June 23, 2019 at 9:37 pm #202649

He lives two hours away, but we’re gonna still try to meet. He hasn’t professed love or anything, he’s just been really flirty

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    June 23, 2019 at 10:01 pm #202657

If he avoids meeting you due some “emergency” and refuses to video chat he could be a “catfish”.

Two hours away is long distance. Make sure you keep your options open by dating some local guys.
    The biggest mistake many online daters make is (acting like they’re in a exclusive relationship) when they’re not!
    That’s how people get hurt. If something doesn’t (feel right) to you it’s probably not right for (you).

Best wishes!

flamey3212
    flamey3212
    Participant
    June 24, 2019 at 8:19 am #202652

I asked him to video chat and we’re gonna do so tonight

henry22
    henry22
    Participant
    June 24, 2019 at 1:09 pm #202737

many people just believe dating on site is as easy as abcd dear friends take it easy

north2080
    north2080
    Participant
    June 25, 2019 at 1:02 pm #202771

Meet him in a public place if it makes it more comfortable

luvu121
    luvu121
    Participant
    July 10, 2019 at 3:30 pm #203559

He may just not like using Instagram. Unless other red flags come up, I wouldn’t worry about it. To be safe, when you go on a date with him, make sure to to tell a friend or family member where you’re going to be.

David1964
    David1964
    Participant
    July 11, 2019 at 11:58 am #203573

Id go with it but keep your eyes open

boomersooner
    boomersooner
    Participant
    July 14, 2019 at 12:25 am #203627
    Reply To: Is this a red flag

Go for it

kai
    kai
    Participant
    July 14, 2019 at 2:14 pm #203640

If ya both meet, remember to go in a place that is public and inform any close Friends where you are going. better safe than sorry man.

FemaleFriends123
    FemaleFriends123
    Participant
    July 15, 2019 at 8:41 am #203635

Believe it or not, there are people who prefer to be unplugged. I have friends who have social media apps on their phones but they aren’t that active. Give him the benefit of the doubt. I don’t this is a red flag.

Pav09
    Pav09
    Participant
    July 15, 2019 at 3:16 pm #203731

I would say wait until you have met him

ellebelle
    ellebelle
    Participant
    August 7, 2019 at 7:44 pm #205053

I wouldn’t use instagram as a good measure of someone. Some people just aren’t super into social media, which is honestly probably a good thing.

KevinMcCabe
    KevinMcCabe
    Participant
    August 12, 2019 at 5:03 pm #205290

It’s not a red flag. Maybe he’s just not a social media clown taking selfies and food photos 24/7? Maybe he has an actual life and doesn’t give a damn about Instagram?

1 2