Is this breakup guilt, regret, or curiosity?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    September 9, 2019 at 10:01 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

woogs121
    woogs121
    Participant
    May 21, 2019 at 1:05 am #200803

A few months ago I started seeing Guy 1. We went on three dates and were warming up to each other, when I reconnected with Guy 2 (a past connection) at a conference. Conversations and comfort levels grew fast with Guy 2 and surpassed those with Guy 1. As I didn’t want to lead Guy 1 on, I decided to put things on pause and see where things go with Guy 2. I am now dating Guy 2 and am totally happy with how things are going. I think I did the right thing not leading Guy 1 on, but every now and then I get this guilty/curious feeling that I did not give him enough of a chance and second guess myself. Can someone help explain what I’m feeling and how I may help settle it?

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    May 21, 2019 at 1:59 pm #200842

” I am now dating Guy 2 and am totally happy with how things are going.”
    “I did the right thing not leading Guy 1 on, but…I get this guilty/curious feeling that I did not give him enough of a chance.”

Some men have been known to call women “attention Wh*res”
    I don’t believe that necessarily applies to you however it seems you have a FOMO (Fear of Missing Out)
    Whenever someone makes a “final decision” they should feel relieved and ready to focus on other things.

What you’re feeling has nothing to do with guilt and everything to do with curiosity or possible regret
    Whenever someone “second guesses” them self it’s because they fear they may have “settled”.

You took yourself “off of the market” and now you’re wondering if you could have “done better”.
    No matter who you end up with there will always be guys who are better or worse than who you’re with!
    If you’re “happy” don’t look back.

“The grass is always greener on the side you water.” – Neil Barringham

boysrtrash
    boysrtrash
    Participant
    May 21, 2019 at 7:42 pm #200880

i think you made the right choice. if you are way more happy and comfortable with guy 2 rather than guy 1, there’s really not much to think about! however, we are humans, and we will have those moments where we question our choices. i think that’s whats happening. but i really don’t think you should read much into it! because you know deep down you have found the guy that is more fitting for you. i think 3 dates is definitely enough to see your chemistry with a guy, so don’t worry! best of luck !!