Is this right?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Is this right?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2019 at 12:46 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

newbie19
    newbie19
    Participant
    April 5, 2019 at 2:47 am #198208
    Is this right?

Hi guys-So i recently went in a date with a guy i met on a dating app – after a couple of messages he wanted to meet for dinner and drinks as soon as i was available – one part of me thought gr8 someone who is serious and another part of me thought hmm that’s quite forward. Anyway he said he would choose a place and book it – he was vert very sympathetic.We met up and he knew beforehand that i don’t drink however he got himself a beer which i dont mind – then he got another beer – i had tap water all this time by the way as i dont drink.We had a good discussion but there was no chemistry at all- he suddenly said he has to collect his groceries at 9pm its being delivered so he asked for the bill. I went to my purse as i was happy to pay 50/50 but when bill came he just stared at me! I said shall we do 50/50 – he said fine – then i realized i didnt have any drinks but he didnt day anything ! Knowing im unemployed and making me pay for your drinks considering you pushed to meet?

insanoflex312
    insanoflex312
    Participant
    April 5, 2019 at 6:41 am #198209

No its not right. You should have just paid for yourself.

newbie19
    newbie19
    Participant
    April 5, 2019 at 5:16 pm #198221

Should i message him to let him know that we will not be neeting any more?

NFLFAN95
    NFLFAN95
    Participant
    April 5, 2019 at 11:02 pm #198222

He should have paid altogether since you have no job.

laura567
    laura567
    Participant
    April 6, 2019 at 9:43 am #198228

Definitely not right – he at least should have paid for his drinks!

April 8, 2019 at 12:40 am #198258

I wouldn’t grab drinks on the first date. I woukd meet somewhere where it’s daylight, preferably at a cafe. Don’t talk to this guy again. He should’ve paid for his drinks.

Famguy95
    Famguy95
    Participant
    April 9, 2019 at 7:00 pm #198403

No it isnt right

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    April 10, 2019 at 12:32 am #198419

“We had a good discussion but there was no chemistry at all…”
    This is very common when people choose to meet each other right away.
    Had you had several phone call conversations you probably would have passed on the date.

” I went to my purse as i was happy to pay 50/50 but when bill came {he just stared at me}! ”
    Generally speaking the person who proposes going out should be prepared to pay the whole bill.
    Based upon his reaction it was clear that he was not expecting you to pay half.
    However since YOU put that out there he went with it.

You should have let him pay for the bill or as insanoflex suggested pay for what you ordered.
    However it is customary for the person who did the asking and book the place to pay.

It would be pointless for you to dwell on this.
    From now own do not offer go 50/50 on dates unless YOU are prepared to pay that amount.
    The days of chivalry are long gone. If a woman comes off as showing her independence some men will allow her pay.
    Don’t blame him for accepting YOUR offer.

AJ
    AJ
    Participant
    April 12, 2019 at 2:58 am #198582
    Reply To: Is this right?

Considering, he pushed to meet and waiting for you to pay is a no go.
    1. He should have paid all or
    2. He should have paid for his beers, you for whatever they charge you for the tap water

For me personally, really nice gentlemen I meet, is with christianmingle and luxy.

totallynotjohn
    totallynotjohn
    Participant
    April 18, 2019 at 4:10 pm #198792

I’m a guy, and depends on the amount there is being drunk if it is ridiculous high, you might split or you took advantage of him not saying you did then i think it is normal. But in this case i think he should have payed at least thats what i’ve would have done.

Ajquestions
    Ajquestions
    Participant
    April 18, 2019 at 4:55 pm #198808

He should’ve at least paid for himself, considering that you didn’t drink AND he invited you out

jkpreme1
    jkpreme1
    Participant
    April 21, 2019 at 2:20 am #198947

No it’s not

miyaperry
    miyaperry
    Participant
    April 22, 2019 at 4:59 am #198955

No it’s not,you have to paid before you use it

ThePerfectName
    ThePerfectName
    Participant
    April 22, 2019 at 10:01 pm #199000

No, he should of paid for it if you didn’t order anything. Also I would politely tell him ” Thanks for meeting up with me, but I just didn’t feel the chemistry. I wish you the best” You could probably have it said better in your own words, but I think it’s always better to let people know you aren’t interested to be open and honest with them

aray808311
    aray808311
    Participant
    June 17, 2019 at 8:21 am #202198

collecting groceries? at 9 pm?

1 2 3