Issue on Money

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Issue on Money

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2019 at 4:59 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

frankt
    frankt
    Participant
    November 30, 2019 at 11:33 pm #225847
    Issue on Money

My ex called me and asked me to drive him to the car repair shop to pick up his car that is finished. On the way there, he brought up the conversation that i fork out the money ($700). When i told him that i don’t run around with a spare $700 on me, i turned the vehicle around and started to take him back to this place. On the way back to this place, he mentioned paying me back increments over time. I gave in to that idea, and proceeded to take him to the car repair shop. I paid the $700 based on him paying me back in increments.
    When he received a check in the mail, he spent all of that check. He didn’t repay me. He wanted to know if i am mad.
    I told him i am not his ATM machine and he needs to figure his life out.

I have no plans of going down this path again. He is currently unemployed and staying at his friends’ place. He always complains that he receives “no support” from anyone, and he can’t stay focused. I think he may suffer from attention deficit.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    December 2, 2019 at 4:34 pm #225996

“He is currently unemployed and staying at his friends’ place.”
    “He always complains that he receives “no support” from anyone, and he can’t stay focused.”
    “I think he may suffer from attention deficit.”

“I… proceeded to take him to the car repair shop. I paid the $700 based on him paying me back….”

The real question is: What are YOU suffering from?”

Clearly he (knew) you had the money and would “loan” it to him even though he’s an (ex).
    No bank would loan anyone $700 who was unemployed, staying with friends, and so on!
    I suspect you didn’t get a promissory note signed by him so you can take him to civil claims court to win a judgment.
    Most likely he will claim it was a “gift” and you’re never going to get your money back. Try to get him to sign a note.

Don’t allow sad stories to influence you. An ex is usually an (ex) for a reason.
    More often than not it’s a “good reason” too! Your future lies ahead of you and not behind you.
    Write him off and move on.

PrincessRobin
    PrincessRobin
    Participant
    December 3, 2019 at 1:28 am #226015

he will proably not pay you back – i wouldnt help him anymore till he pays back the money he owes you (if he ever does).