"It was just a joke" …

DATING ADVICE FORUM

"It was just a joke" …

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    July 7, 2018 at 3:29 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

bebe2008
    bebe2008
    Participant
    January 15, 2018 at 5:17 pm #162440
    "It was just a joke" …

He is the class clown type of guy (not macho, not very manly, kinda short and somewhat insecure) who will do anything for attention and he is also my former best friend.It was a bit weird for me when he confessed his feelings but soon I thought why not give it a go.
    Everything was sweet and romantic for a short while. Then he told me he wasn’t ready for a serious relationship because he had his heart broken too many times. So I agreed to stay friends. Only he didn’t want to be JUST friends either. Few months fly by, I was away during summer and I see he posts a series of photos with some girl, kissing and holding hands. I was pissed, I told him I didn’t want to be friends anymore and I cut him out of my life. He did nothing. Few weeks later, he says it was just a joke and that he has nothing with that other girl. It’s been a while and we’re not talking. I see that he’s trying to make up, but should I even give him a chance? I still don’t get WHY he did all this. Any advice will help.

• This topic was modified 6 months ago by bebe2008 bebe2008.
    • This topic was modified 6 months ago by bebe2008 bebe2008.
    jazzworld89
    jazzworld89
    Participant
    January 16, 2018 at 4:14 pm #162572

Do you like him? and if something like this happens like this are you prepared to get it again?

If the answer is yes to both questions then give him a chance.

Honest opinion, if he is trying to hard and trying to make-up then give him a chance because look at this way, he is spending his valuable time in making up to you than being with the other woman.

ShadowGod450
    ShadowGod450
    Participant
    January 18, 2018 at 11:14 am #162722

I don’t think it was just a joke. More then likely the girl he was with didn’t work out and he tried to play it off as it was nothing. He probably had a thing for this girl and tried with her and no luck and decided to come running back to you.