It's Complicated

DATING ADVICE FORUM

It's Complicated

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    July 7, 2018 at 1:38 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

StarlingBird
    StarlingBird
    Participant
    April 29, 2018 at 5:15 pm #171810
    It's Complicated

So, I am a single mom (28 yrs) with a toddler. Last year I met this guy online. He lives out of state, single father. We actually met through a mutual friend and gaming. Anyway, we clicked immediately. We said that we would just keep things easy breezy and not be exclusive which is fine especially because I was recently separated and still living with baby daddy for my toddler’s sake, just staying in separate rooms. So this guy, let’s call him Brad. So Brad and I started talking about April last year. He talked about kids, future this, future that. Was glad my birth control would be done around the time he wanted to try for another kid. He was always asking about my son. Keep in mind, this is all purely online so we never slept together and on top of that, I never sent him any questionable pictures. Obviously, I was withholding because I REALLY liked him and wanted to meet him and make sure the chemistry was really there before “putting out” in a sense. July things fell apart…

StarlingBird
    StarlingBird
    Participant
    April 29, 2018 at 5:19 pm #171811

… I became clingy, paranoid, and we got into a huge fight. We stopped talking until last week. He would check in monthly and we were walking on eggshells and I never actually got over him. I finally told him, “Whatever… let’s just talk. I will go at your pace and won’t push my together-forever agenda on you.” He was game. So, he has been calling every day, sometimes twice a day. We did talk about what went wrong last year and things seem to be going well. So, I started reading this self-help book because I have a tendency to give more than I get. I am pulling back because I don’t want to be a “good time” girl. I want to be a “worthwhile” woman. So after doing that, he has been the first to reach out and today he started talking about his god-daughter and now I am feeling myself slip again. I have literally no idea what I am even doing and I am quite frankly, terrified.