Just a 'homie' or something more?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2019 at 2:26 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

almakic88
    almakic88
    Participant
    October 30, 2019 at 12:00 am #224256

Ok Emergency I need to know if I’m understanding this guy correctly. We’ve been talking for months online (I know him from the gym) and I feel very close to him. Tonight I sent him a pic of my new haircut and we got to talking and things escalated quickly. Before I know it he is texting me IN HIS SHOWER and send me a photo of him from the torso up. He then tells me we are ‘homies’ and when I tease him not to tell any of his guy friends because they’ll get jealous, he says ‘you too, and nobody needs to know we’re homies, just you and me’. He then asked me if I was talking to any guys or seeing anyone. Is he clearly interested in/hitting on me? Should I not be thrown off by him calling me a ‘homie’? I just wanna make sure I’m understanding!

justin1213
    justin1213
    Participant
    October 30, 2019 at 12:08 am #224257

I would say he’s a confident guy and “homie” is his way of saying he likes you. It seems like he’s pretty clearly flirting, and the fact that he asked if you’re seeing anyone has few to no other explanations other than that he liked you. I would make a move back if you like him back, if by some chance he actually isn’t romantically interested he’ll probably be able to brush it off easily from how you describe him.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    November 3, 2019 at 4:19 pm #224543

he says ‘you too, and {nobody needs to know} we’re homies, just you and me’.
    Usually when people don’t want others to know who they are hooking up with it’s because they see them as a “booty call”.
    It sounds like at best he may be hitting on you while also letting you know he just wants “friends with benefits”

If you’re on the same page then go for it and have fun.
    On the other hand if you’re hoping for a possible (relationship) you may want to avoid emotionally investing yourself.