Just ugly angry feelings he doesn't seem to understand..

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2018 at 9:01 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Savykitty
    Savykitty
    Participant
    May 30, 2018 at 2:32 pm #175648

I’ve been seriously dating this guy for nearly two years, we plan to move in together soon and also get married. I really love him. He has made new friends at his job, and one of them his this girl. She is a bit older than us, married, and lives a couple minutes from the workplace. So for lunch he goes to her house occasionally. He used to go together with another one of his friends but now that friend moved off, now he goes alone with that girl. It bothers me, I will admit. It drives me crazy and I’m not proud of it. He is so friendly outgoing and everyone just immediately loves him. I am not. I don’t have many friends I’m not outgoing nor friendly, no matter how much I try. Maybe I’m being possessive? Though I understand he has friends and I can’t be the only person in his life. Maybe I’m insecure? I will admit when I meet his friends I believe they are disappointed. How can I fix this? He refuses to limit his freedom and he wants me to trust him. I want to but this just hurts. Help?

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    June 3, 2018 at 2:46 pm #175989

You said: “He is so friendly outgoing and everyone just immediately loves him. I am not. I don’t have many friends I’m not outgoing nor friendly,”

Maybe this is why (you) were attracted to him. However you can’t expect someone to only “shine the light on you” or fix your insecurities.
    Ultimately in a case like this you either trust him or you don’t. If you don’t trust him or this is a “deal breaker” for you then dump him.

It’s unrealistic to expect someone to {change who they are} just to please you. Most people want to be loved for who (they) are.
    You might ask him how he’d feel if you were going to another man’s home during your lunch hour. He may be fine with it though.

There are only two ways to experience joy and peace of mind in relationships.
    We either get what we want or we learn to be happy with what we have.
    Accept them (as is) or move on. The choice is up to us. Suffering is optional.
    No one is “stuck” with anyone. Find a man who shares your same values.

compek
    compek
    Participant
    June 4, 2018 at 2:28 am #176030

You need to fix this asap or it will just drive him further away. There’s nothing wrong with being a little jealous sometimes but if he says nothings going on you need to trust him, there’s nothing wrong with him hanging out with friends of the opposite sex like you said he’s out-going so it sounds normal. These are issues you need to work out, no one can make you feel better about it. Maybe just focus on your confidence building your friendships with other people and you soon won’t care as much.

Firas
    Firas
    Participant
    June 9, 2018 at 3:29 pm #176618

If It Hurts and it doesnt feel good
    then there is something wrong

you heart will never lie to you

So maybe its time to leave him
    you deserve a guy who wants to spend time with you first then his friends
    this is how i do it My Sexy baby first then the world