Let it go? What should I do

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    July 7, 2018 at 9:21 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

jey
    jey
    Participant
    June 5, 2018 at 2:22 am #176200

I met a guy over tinder and we had been talking for about 3 months before we met in person I asked him what he was looking and he said he was on tinder to pass time and I was okay with it because I wasn’t looking for anything. We met in person and we connected very well, we talked the entire date and it was fun. He then seemed interested and we texted back and forth. I lived an hour away because of school so it was hard to see each other all the time. but we hung out 4 times and it was great. He then said that he liked me and I was a little scared into diving into a relationship because I had a lot going on and school. and we said that we would talk and see where things went. It was nice at first we texted everyday and had good conversations but lately I felt us a little off. There was a time when he didn’t reply to my text until 2 days later and then he would take long to text. The texts seemed short but then there were time when he seemed interested and times where it felt like he

jey
    jey
    Participant
    June 5, 2018 at 2:28 am #176201

would just text to text. I then went over to his house on the 3rd date, he insisted in going over to watch a movie and I went and it was fun, we then made out but I stopped him from going further because I am not the type to have sex with every guy, I mean we were talking but I didn’t really know if we were exclusive or just another girl. and so I was scared to fully dive into this “relationship” because I liked him and I didn’t want to get hurt. And then after the night he asked why I pushed him away and I told him that I wasn’t going to have sex on the first time going over, and he said that we weren’t, then we continued texting but I felt us a little off still. and then he would text me saying that he wanted to see me and to go over, and it would be late at night and I would say that I couldn’t it was late and that kinda bothered me because he would just say random things like come over! I want to see you, and then the last time we saw eachother we went to the movies. IT CONTINUES

jey
    jey
    Participant
    June 5, 2018 at 9:15 am #176202

it was fun, he held my hand during the movies, kissed me, and then he walked me to my car and we made out. I then gave him a ride to his car and we made out more and we almost were going to have sex but I stopped. I just couldn’t because Im not like that. and so then he left and he texted me saying that I pushed him away and I told him that I wanted to take things slow, and that I hope he didn’t mind and that if he did I didn’t want to waste his time. and he said he was okay with it and I said okay, I just dont want to waste your time in case youre looking for something else. and then he texted me asking if I didn’t want to do things and I told him again that I wanted to go slow. and he texted me asking : “how slow?!” and that just made me think that he was looking for sex and I didn’t want to go through that. so I texted him saying that I think we should be friends and that I didn’t want to end in bad terms CONTINUES BELOW

jey
    jey
    Participant
    June 5, 2018 at 9:16 am #176203

It was fun, he held my hand, kissed and then after the movie he walked me to my car, we then made out and I gave him a ride to his car. and we almost had sex but I stopped him and he then texted me asking why I pushed him away and I told him that I wanted to take it slow and hoped he didn’t mind and he said that he didn’t, he then asked: dont you want to do things? and I said that I just wanted to take it slow and I didn’t want to waste his time and he then asked: “how slow?!” and then that bothered me and I told him that I thought it was better if were just friends. and that I just didn’t want to end in bad terms. and he then texted saying “really?” and I told him that I just thought it was best. also the reason why I said that was because everytime I asked what he wanted he would say, “I want whatever you want”. and to me that wasn’t an answer. and he then replied “yep, sounds good” and it honestly bothered me because I felt ….. It continues

Totallyconfused
    Totallyconfused
    Participant
    June 7, 2018 at 3:06 pm #176498

I seem to be having the same problem, sort of similar. Please look for my posting…men are so complicated because they don’t seem to know what they want but they will agree with you until they get what they want.

hannahb0nana
    hannahb0nana
    Participant
    June 8, 2018 at 4:03 pm #176591

I understand your situation somewhat so I hope what I have for you here is helpful. I have used tinder in the past also. It’s been hit or miss for me, especially with the distance thing. I normally meet guys about an hour away, like you have. I do want to point out that he shouldn’t think of you being in school as a problem. You are the one in school and you determine if school and a distant relationship is too much for you. He has it on the easier end because he isn’t involved with school while trying to maintain this potential relationship. I am not sure if you feel pressured by him to have sex but look into that as a sign too. If he continues to bring it up as if it is an issue, then it may be an issue. I’m not saying to not stand your ground because you deserve to, but maybe bring up that conversation and find out if he is someone who can understand your desire to wait and to actually wait for you.

Be careful on those apps, girl. I do believe they can work and we can find good men