long distance thing (kinda long)

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    April 4, 2019 at 9:14 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

sk_ren98
    sk_ren98
    Participant
    February 11, 2019 at 12:16 pm #194706

So I went to Korea a couple months ago studying abroad and met this really awesome girl at my school. We started hanging out a month before I had to leave and we would do stuff like drink and then come back and just sit and talk to each other and have good conversation. I didnt want to catch feelings for this girl because I knew long distance things usually dont really work out, especially if you only knew each other for a month, but I did ofcourse. Basically she left a letter for me telling me how she would really miss me and how she wished we could of spent more time together. When I got back home to the USA I told her how I felt because at the time I was pretty emotional after coming back to home after being abroad for 4 months. the language barrier was kind of hard to tell her how I feel, but she ended up saying the same thing in her letter saying she wished we spent more time together and it was hard for her because she needs a lot of time before opening up like that to someone

sk_ren98
    sk_ren98
    Participant
    February 11, 2019 at 12:16 pm #194707

(continued) for about a month after me leaving she would always drunk video call me saying she really missed me and wants me to come back. I told her I planned on coming back in may. right now it has been 2 months after me leaving and we still talk through text every day. I just dont know what she wants out of this relationship because we aren’t officially in a relationship, but she still talks to me every day to see how I am and vice versa. What do you all think?

licooper
    licooper
    Participant
    February 11, 2019 at 2:40 pm #194715

Long distance relationship is really hard (I’ve been in one for 2 years and I do not recommend it). And looks like so far you are very mature and conscious about the whole situation: you understand that it is hard and that you are technically not in a relationship and that you dated only a month before you left.
    I would say that if you both will be living consistently in different countries, then I would suggest to break all the romantic communication. Try to save friendship though. Then you can come back to her later in life if situation will favor it. But if you cannot save friendship, I would talk to her, be honest with her and would end things.
    Also, try to imagine details of your long distance relationship! It will help you understand if you want it.
    I also think that there are plenty of fish in the sea. It will take you some time to get over her, but you will start noticing that there is a lot of other interesting girls around you. Good luck.

koalafamily2
    koalafamily2
    Participant
    February 13, 2019 at 9:11 am #194857

Entered into a LTR two weeks ago. So far so good, as I live in NJ, and she’s in TX. Romantic talk and talk of daily life, and we’re planning our first meeting in May. Just going with the flow, and remaining normal. You are handling it great, and in time, everything will fall in place. Communication is key in any relationship.