Looking for opinions on guy staring at me a lot.

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    August 8, 2018 at 1:56 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

mysteriouseyes9
    mysteriouseyes9
    Participant
    April 16, 2018 at 10:37 pm #170845

Hello, female here looking for opinions on a male coworker constantly looking at me. I started my job about a month ago and since then I have caught my coworker constantly looking at me, and when I look back at him he doesn’t look away and we end up staring at each other for a few seconds before I look away. I even see him looking my way from a long distance or if I’m walking towards his direction he is just staring at me. He even looks over at me to see if I am laughing at something funny. He doesn’t smile at me when I catch him looking unless something funny happened. He does have a girlfriend but lately he’s been complaining about her and saying he’s not currently talking to her. I am not the type to go after someone in a relationship, but the amount of times I catch him staring at me is starting to make me curious as to why. I am a very shy and reserved person with not much experience with dating and flirting so I have no idea if he finds me attractive or its for another reason.

miraculous_ladybug
    miraculous_ladybug
    Participant
    April 18, 2018 at 12:55 am #170927

a guy staring at you, at least in my experience, always points towards them being interested in you. staring without smiling is a bit.. odd, but him mentioning how unhappy he is in his current relationship is a dead give away, unless the two of you were used to confiding in each other.

Coach_Michael21
    Coach_Michael21
    Participant
    April 18, 2018 at 12:48 pm #170981

It sounds to me like this guy is unsatisfied with his current relationship, and is “putting out feelers” for other options (i.e, you.) When a man looks at a woman for a prolonged period over multiple times, it is usually a dead giveaway that there is some level of romantic or sexual interest. It may be that due to the fact that he is still in a relationship, he is unsure, nervous or not quite ready to do anything other than stare at you for the time being. He may or may not make a further move, depending on how confident he is and how seriously he wants to get out of his current relationship. If he goes through with ending the relationship and he expresses further interest in you, I’d say you’ve got a green light. If he can’t break the commitment to his current, don’t force the issue. As my dad used to say, he’s either gotta s%@t or get off the pot.

Hope this helps

chris1433
    chris1433
    Participant
    April 20, 2018 at 9:16 pm #171339

I think it’s safe to try and ask him out or at least wait until he breaks up with his partner so as not to cause any trouble.