MAJOR crush on best friends brother! HELP!

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    July 7, 2018 at 2:46 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

GalaxyHeart
    GalaxyHeart
    Participant
    February 12, 2018 at 11:28 am #165326

I have known the guy for about 8 years through my friend. However its only recently that we have been getting closer and more one on one via phone, texts. I don’t live near either of them any more. So pretty much since then he text me everyday asking how I am and our conversations have been more personal. He also has social anxiety like me which is hard because neither one of us are game enough to make a move (well if he actually likes me back).

The other day I told him I was meant to be going on a date but was not really interested in the guy, later he called me to talk about it? Would that mean his jealous? I ended up cancelling the date anyways cause all I can think about is him.
    I’m going to visit both of them in about 3 weeks Which will be interesting to say the least, all I can think about is sneaking into his room at night and well you get what im trying to say here…

I’m horrible at wording things what do I say to escape the friend zone subtlety? What do I tell my friend?

• This topic was modified 5 months, 1 week ago by GalaxyHeart GalaxyHeart.
    TechnicalFluke
    TechnicalFluke
    Participant
    February 12, 2018 at 6:41 pm #165393

when it comes to things like this you only have 2 choices… beat around the bush (which takes forever) or you go for it but in a casual way.

Say something like.

HEY XYZ, was wondering if you’d like to go grab a XYZ (coffee?) while i’m here. Just you and me.

that’s it!

GalaxyHeart
    GalaxyHeart
    Participant
    February 13, 2018 at 8:42 am #165398

when it comes to things like this you only have 2 choices… beat around the bush (which takes forever) or you go for it but in a casual way.

Say something like.

HEY XYZ, was wondering if you’d like to go grab a XYZ (coffee?) while i’m here. Just you and me.

that’s it!

Coffees not really my thing but will try to get him alone ask him to go for a walk/run as my friend defiantly wont come with us cause she hates exercising.

TechnicalFluke
    TechnicalFluke
    Participant
    February 13, 2018 at 3:30 pm #165487

the coffee was an example lol but casually ask him to do something.

Daydreamer920
    Daydreamer920
    Participant
    February 20, 2018 at 10:57 am #165974

If your friend is a really good friend of yours, I would tell her that you like her brother and ask for her input. If you leave her out of the loop and try to pursue him, she might feel hurt. She might even know how he feels about you and be able to play matchmaker.