Making my ex reap what he sows

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2019 at 7:11 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

monicac
    monicac
    Participant
    September 15, 2019 at 8:49 am #207031

I broke up with my boyfriend earlier this year for cheating. we been together off and on for 10 years. for the whole 10 years he cheated on me. One of his side chicks was bold enough to give me the full details of his cheating and things hes said about me. so we broke up. We have tried to mend our friendship, but i have to be honest. I was only with him because i wanted to be married by now. I didn’t wanna be over 30 and unmarried. i turn 31 in november. i also realize i was with him because he freely gives me money and spends money on me. hes in the military and is a good provider. i don’t really want him but i want to be married and feel that he was my last chance. i got sick of his long boring stories, stupid outdoors date ideas, bad hygene and weird behavior. this was a lot of work for me…especially getting in good with his stuck up parents and crazy sister. i worked to hard to start over and find somene else to provide for me. should i tell him the truth or make him suffer?

queenfakey
    queenfakey
    Participant
    September 15, 2019 at 6:46 pm #207032

You’re really the only person who can answer this. Would it be worth it to you to tell him all of this, hurt him, and burn that bridge entirely? Do you want to be the bigger person and just move on without causing harm? Looking back right now, you’re definitely going to focus more on the negative parts of your relationship, so the urge to hurt back will be strongest. Will telling him these things give you a sense of freedom? Or will it cause you to be stuck thinking about it for longer?

Maybe I’m making it too obvious which way I would handle it- but seriously, you’re the only person who can answer this for yourself.

Michelle Behrens
    Michelle Behrens
    Participant
    September 17, 2019 at 9:05 am #207142

My opinion is don’t take less than you want to give. It’s unfair to you. I found myself doing that in my younger years and sure wish I hadn’t. I’m the only who suffered in the end. I think about it like this: if it were your adult child telling you these things what would you think and want for them? We’re really good at speaking up wanting the best for them but not so much for ourselves.