Mama's boy or what?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Mama's boy or what?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2019 at 3:34 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

louise
    louise
    Participant
    May 23, 2019 at 9:16 am #200976
    Mama's boy or what?

I met this very nice, polite guy who wants to take me on a first date with his mother. My dad says this doesn’t sound right. He says down the road there will be some really heart-wrenching trouble. Is he seeing this correctly?

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    May 23, 2019 at 9:50 pm #200981

Yes this could spell trouble in a variety of ways. Being a “mama’s boy” is the least of it.

There’s a good chance he has VERY little dating experience and is already imagining marrying you.
    Most men don’t bring just any woman around their “inner circle” unless they’re getting serious with her.
    Generally speaking this is after they’ve gone out on several dates and have had sex.

Going out with someone and their mother or father could also be a cultural thing in some nationalities.
    If that is the case you’re probably also dealing with someone who is highly religious.
    Some people are raised to please their parents as a sign of showing their respect.

Having said that it doesn’t exactly sound like you’re head over hills excited going out with him.
    “I met this very nice, polite guy,…” Sounds like the only word you left out was BORING!

One could also argue that maybe YOU are a “daddy’s girl”!
    Not many grown women discuss their (prospective dates) with their father.
    The two of you may be right for each other!

scorpxoxaqua
    scorpxoxaqua
    Participant
    May 26, 2019 at 8:29 pm #201086

Oooo yeah definitely

Tabithaclark
    Tabithaclark
    Participant
    May 26, 2019 at 9:46 pm #201090

I wouldn’t think negatively of this guy for wanting to bring his mom but if this makes you uncomfortable it doesn’t sound worth it
    There are plenty of nice, polite guys who don’t need to bring their mother on a first date
    I would steer clear of this whole situation
    It’s not necessarily that he’s boring or you’re a “daddy’s girl” like dashing scorpion is saying. There is nothing wrong with asking your parents opinion, plenty of people do that. But few people want to bring a parent on a date

APerson
    APerson
    Participant
    May 27, 2019 at 4:44 pm #201120

It depends on how old he is, and of course WHY he’s doing it. It could be a shyness thing, like he gets nervous and wants other people there to take the pressure off one-on-one interaction. But, if that’s the case, he should make it a group thing with friends, not his mother. Maybe he doesn’t have friends?

Cupid
    Cupid
    Participant
    May 30, 2019 at 7:14 pm #201414

Not sure what the age is, but if this guy is over 15, then something is a bit off. But honestly that doesn’t have to be the case and you could give him a chance if you like him. BTW, there is nothing inherently wrong with a mama’s boy either. What matters in the end is how he treats you and if he otherwise fits into what you want with a boyfriend. There are many a mama’s boys who turn out to be great husbands who know how to take care of the women in their lives. That being said, if this guy is someone who fits what you want, you could give him one chance and see how it goes.