Matched for 2 months without messaging her, but I would like to start.

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2018 at 1:17 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Anonobody
    Anonobody
    Participant
    November 23, 2018 at 10:29 am #189725

I am very new to online dating. I’ve never really liked the idea of it, but I am introverted and done with school living in a new city with a new career and no friends, so I thought I’d give it a shot. Anyway, a couple months ago, a girl and I liked each other, but her profile was pretty incomplete, only providing a couple details. I thought that her profile was new and not yet finished, so I decided to wait a while to see if she updated it. Two months have now gone by and she has not updated. She has surely seen our match, so I fear that it is awkward to start a conversation now. How would I write such message?
    I should note that one of the few details she does provide is that she is “a bit of a hermit that prefers staying indoors”, which suits me perfectly.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    November 23, 2018 at 3:49 pm #189729

Just say you saw her profile mentioned “she is “a bit of a hermit that prefers staying indoors” and it reminded you of yourself.
    Ask her how what other things she enjoys doing …etc.

Oftentimes someone who has an incomplete profile isn’t committed to using online dating.
    You’d be wise to see if the site you’re using also lets you know the last time she logged on.

Sometimes people pay for a certain amount of time and just let the time expire without really using the site.
    Anyone who is inactive for several days or a couple of weeks probably is not worth reaching out to.

You might want to check out Meetup dot com and join a few groups who share your interests and hobbies.
    Groups vary from meditation, book clubs, movie goers, singles networks, hiking, writing, dancing, wine tasting and so on.
    They usually meet once or twice per month. Surly there are bound to be some single people in most groups.
    At worse you may make some new friends who know some singles.