Meeting girls at dance events

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    July 7, 2019 at 5:20 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

tstudent
    tstudent
    Participant
    April 13, 2019 at 6:39 am #198628

Hello!

I’ve been dancing for a while (social dancing, e.g. tango or salsa), and I’ve noticed that it’s a great way to meet people in general, and possibly even someone I’d like to date. However, when I meet someone who I’m interested in, I’m unable to move things forward. Usually we just dance, maybe talk a little, but then it’s over and we change partners (it’s a custom to change partners after 2 songs). So here are my questions.

– How could I transition the conversation to deeper topics when dancing (or should I)? Also, do you have any flirting tips?
    Usually, if there even is any conversation, it’s about dancing. Slow songs are the best for talking, but it still isn’t the correct place for “what’s your biggest passion” – kind of conversation.

tstudent
    tstudent
    Participant
    April 13, 2019 at 6:39 am #198629

– How do I make plans to connect after the dance evening?
    I could ask her number while dancing, but I think that would be a little akward out of the blue. As there is a cafeteria at most dance places, so in some cases, I could ask her if she wants to have a break after dancing, and chat a little and ask her number. But generally people go to those places to dance and may prefer to have as little breaks as possible.

tstudent
    tstudent
    Participant
    April 27, 2019 at 5:28 am #199340

Apparently, everyone else finds this difficult as well? 😀

El8482
    El8482
    Participant
    April 29, 2019 at 8:34 am #199343

I love dancing and usually don’t have a problem to talk to smb who showed interest in me. Just relax and enjoy. If it is not your person then you don’t need to force yourself trying to continue smth that wasn’t meant to be.

yeet345
    yeet345
    Participant
    May 5, 2019 at 2:41 pm #199892

I’d say to have a conversation, even if it’s just flirting or just about dance, with your dance partner, and to try and find them after you’re done dancing/taking a break. This would be the best opportunity, in my opinion, to talk to someone you just met at an event, and a better place to maybe get their number/social media.

tstudent
    tstudent
    Participant
    June 24, 2019 at 4:47 am #202663

Now I’m looking for advice on a specific girl, and decided to post it on this thread, as it’s dancing related.

So, there’s this girl, with whom I’ve danced on several occasions. I’d say we have a good dance relationship, and sometimes I ask her to dance and sometimes she asks me. My question is, how could I take things further? I know she’s busy. She’s working during days, and the she’s dancing on almost every night. Also, she’s from a different city, so it’ would be difficult to arrange a date. I see her regularly when dancing, so how could I build chemistry in those moments, instead of waiting until we are on a date?

tstudent
    tstudent
    Participant
    June 24, 2019 at 4:53 am #202664

Another somewhat similar situation:

There are several dancing bootcamps during the summer: They last for a week, and there are dance lessons during the days and dancing on evenings. If I meet someone I like, I should be able to build chemistry and rapport during the bootcamp. How? It could be quite akward if I ask them out during one of the first days, and then I see them every day during that week. I mean, why ask for a date, if I can spend time with them anyway?

tstudent
    tstudent
    Participant
    July 8, 2019 at 12:32 am #203336

Still looking for advice on this.

So my “problem” really is that we see each other frequently. And I know it’s insane, because that is supposed to make things easier! How to communicate, that I would be interested in more than just dancing? I could ask her if she wants to have a break, which could give an opportunity to talk about more personal topics. Any other suggestions?

honeybunny
    honeybunny
    Participant
    July 10, 2019 at 8:45 am #203510

Complement her! We girls soak that up! Like this: “Wow that is a lovely dress on you, it goes perfectly with your eyes!” or “I like you hair”! Also complement her worries… Like: (She is nervous about the scuff on her shoe) “Pretty shoes, they are becoming with that jacket.” ECT. Also a nice “I like you taste” Or “you dance well!” goes a long way!

July 12, 2019 at 7:59 pm #203614
    Reply To: Meeting girls at dance events

Complement the way they dance, ask them to practice with you and show you some shines. Mention other tango/salsa events and ask if they want to go.