Meeting girls through social dancing

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    July 7, 2018 at 9:01 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

tstudent
    tstudent
    Participant
    June 25, 2018 at 3:41 pm #177901

So, I recently got into social dancing. I realised, that it’s an amazing way to meet girls, have conversations, and possibly even some chemistry thanks to the flirty nature of the activity. However, here’s the problem: Most people are not looking for a partner while dancing (although they may be open to it), so usually it’s just one dance and I’ll never see the girl again, no matter how amazing conversation we had.

Question: How could I move the conversation to such a direction that I can suggest keeping in touch afterwards?

An optimal case would be to dance on several occasions with the same partner, but I don’t get to dance that often, and I dance in different places.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    June 28, 2018 at 9:40 am #178211

“Most people are not looking for a partner while dancing (so usually it’s just one dance) and I’ll never see the girl again, no matter how amazing conversation we had.” …..”I dance in different places.”

Maybe you should narrow down the places you dance to two or three and (frequent them).

It’s not like being in a nightclub consuming alcohol and going home with someone or exchanging phone numbers the first night you met.
    Activities like meetup groups, networking, social dancing, school/university classes and so forth usually require people to establish some measure of trust or friendship before asking someone out on date. Multiple short conversations are usually required before people relax when there’s no alcohol.

It also doesn’t hurt to let them know you really enjoyed dancing with them and ask when they might be back.
    You always have the option of giving them your phone number and asking them to call you when they’ll be back.
    Act as if dancing is your main interest.

tstudent
    tstudent
    Participant
    June 30, 2018 at 8:35 am #178506

Yes, I agree that it would be best to dance frequently at the same place. However, as I have no car, I’m dependent on where other people are going. The places are usually far from the city centre, so public transportation is not an option. If there’s a girl I really like, I usually try to dance with her again in the same evening, but not too many times to not steal her the opportunity to dance with other (more skilled/experienced) dancers. After the last time, I tell her I enjoyed dancing and I’d like to keep in touch, and ask for contact information or give her mine.

And I hope I didn’t come off as if I only dance to meet girls. I really like dancing and I want to learn and improve. Dancing is just such a great way to meet new people for someone, who doesn’t consume alcohol or is not very outgoing socially in a group setting. One on one it’s easier.