MEN IS THIS TOO FOWARD OR JUST RIGHT?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

MEN IS THIS TOO FOWARD OR JUST RIGHT?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    August 8, 2019 at 6:01 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

somethingkewl
    somethingkewl
    Participant
    December 20, 2016 at 10:56 am #120705
    Reply To: MEN IS THIS TOO FOWARD OR JUST RIGHT?

good luck!

mysticfemale12
    mysticfemale12
    Participant
    December 20, 2016 at 11:17 am #120709

thanks for your answer. I talked to my mom about this and she said men are suppose to pursue women and I shouldn’t ask him for a date. if he was really interested in me, he woulda asked me out months ago and he hasn’t he just flirts and picks on me …I mean how shy can one guy be. she said Id be putting my feelings at risk and embarrassing myself if I ask him out and he says no and seeing that I have to see him here and there I may end up embarrassing myself if he says no….and she said I shouldn’t ask him out…let him ask me out, the men should always pursue.
    with that said Im just give him the card signed Always, Sasha and tape a candy cane on the front and just leave it alone…..if he wants me he better grow a pair. at least he will know my name.

josephddiazz
    josephddiazz
    Participant
    December 20, 2016 at 3:05 pm #120750

you should totally ask him out! Don’t allo docietal norms and pressure from your mom to stop you from what you want. Remember, if you do not ask, the only possible answer is no.

mysticfemale12
    mysticfemale12
    Participant
    December 20, 2016 at 3:18 pm #120754

im debating that, I might just ask him out in person. thanks for your input.

mysticfemale12
    mysticfemale12
    Participant
    December 20, 2016 at 9:35 pm #120769

well I gave him the card today and boy was he happy….just like a big kid lmao…..but im going 2 leave the rest up 2 him. I excluded my number and the coffee offer…..I feel like he has my name so he can go from there…make a move or keep being shy…..on him now

mysticfemale12
    mysticfemale12
    Participant
    December 20, 2016 at 9:46 pm #120770

I did attach a candy cane to the envelope though

tallsheets
    tallsheets
    Participant
    December 21, 2016 at 4:57 am #120775

I think he is attracted, and you did a great job!

mysticfemale12
    mysticfemale12
    Participant
    December 21, 2016 at 8:36 am #120783

thanks tallsheets!!!

thisismyaccount
    thisismyaccount
    Participant
    December 21, 2016 at 8:49 am #120784

The answer is almost always “no” when it comes to whether a woman is being too forward with a man. Too many relationships are doomed because women are afraid of making the first move, whether it be because it’s stigmatized by society or what have you.

mysticfemale12
    mysticfemale12
    Participant
    December 21, 2016 at 9:35 am #120804

thanks for your input thisismyaccount…well if he wants to go out or whatever itll be up to him to ask me. ive asked men out twice in the past and one guy lied and said he was single…but I did my research and found out the truth and the other guy never said anything…so after those two bad experiences I vowed to never ask out another man and till this day I haven’t.

emilyb23
    emilyb23
    Participant
    December 21, 2016 at 12:58 pm #120870

That sounds like a perfect idea!!

mysticfemale12
    mysticfemale12
    Participant
    December 21, 2016 at 10:56 pm #120915

(0=

mysticfemale12
    mysticfemale12
    Participant
    December 21, 2016 at 11:00 pm #120917

I seen him today and he thanked me twice for the card he was like “thank you young lady” just staring at in my eyes and just smiling at me .(im 33) but he doesnt know that, (I look quite young).
    well I told him to have a great Christmas since i wont see him till next week and he just stared at me smiling with his perfect 32 white teeth and said you too and thank you…everyone on the bus just smiled at us (0=
    he was so perky it was funny….maybe one of these days ill ask him for a coffee….but then again, I don’t want to have mistakenly misread anything, and come to find out he was just doing his job by being nice to me and or he has a g/f and I become embarrassed…seeing that I see him quite often and if he was to turn me down for a date that’d be very awkward to have to see him at least 3 times a week….im stuck between a rock and hard place.

Anonymous
    Anonymous
    December 24, 2016 at 3:13 pm #121004

excellent move. Go ahead with it. Some guys need to be pushed.

AcesDJD
    AcesDJD
    Participant
    December 27, 2016 at 9:33 am #121058

You’re facing the same dilemma that probably billions of men have faced. Whether you are a woman or not doesn’t really matter. Getting rejected sucks. Too bad you didn’t interject with thanks “but I wish I was still a young lady” If he thinks he’s got ten years plus on you he may think the whole thing isn’t very realistic. Sounds like you’ve done as much as you can though.

1 2 3