Met A Girl But Set The Wrong Intent

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    June 6, 2019 at 8:15 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Jmanster
    Jmanster
    Participant
    March 19, 2019 at 12:46 am #197038

So I met a girl via a family friend. We met up for lunch and we both talked about how we are both in the filmmaking industry. She models, I shoot, so we share very similar interests. Here is the problem, I liked this girl after lunch. I saw it as it date but I am not sure how she saw it? Did she just see it as a friendly meet up? It ended up being a two-hour lunch so we definitely did some talking and none of us felt bored. I would like to continue seeing this girl but not as “collaborators” but as daters lol.

This is the first time where I met up with a girl while not knowing whether she thought it was a date or not.

What do you think I should do next?

Thank you!

Ramone1234
    Ramone1234
    Participant
    March 19, 2019 at 8:24 am #197040

Wait 3-4 days after you’ve last seen her and then contact her. Talk a little bit and ask her out.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    March 22, 2019 at 8:18 pm #197474

Did it feel like a typical {romantic date} you’ve been on? If not; Why not?
    There was nothing you said that would illustrate you had romantic intentions for meeting her for lunch.
    No mention of flirtatious banter, incidental touching/holding hands, eye gazing, or kissing goodbye.

You said: “I would like to continue seeing this girl but not as “collaborators” but as daters.”
    That statement seems to indicate on some level YOU really don’t believe it was a (true date).

Secondly if you are to become “daters” you would have multiple phone conversations and made plans for more future dates.
    If you exchanged contact information call her up and ask her out for a weekend night time date.
    If she shoots you down at least you’ll know where you stand. Early rejection saves everyone time, money, possible heartache.

In a world with over 7 billion people rejection just means: Next!
    Lastly you could ask your (family friend) to ask her what she thought about you and “the date”.

StrikeEagle15
    StrikeEagle15
    Participant
    March 23, 2019 at 5:11 am #197480

dashingscorpio: You are always bringing up this “Romantic” junk for first (or second) dates. Romance comes later dude… why does there always have to be romance BEFORE dating in these responses… people go to zoos, outdoor markets, Christmas pageants, museums and even shopping malls or movies for dates… all of which are not ROMANTIC situations.. but are great first or second (or even third) dates events. As you get to know someone over time, the romance builds… otherwise its just LUST. And another thing.. you have the same standard response for everyone… “in a world of 7 billion people rejection just means next….” yeah yeah yeah… can’t you find a more genuine offering.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by StrikeEagle15 StrikeEagle15.
    omarito
    omarito
    Participant
    March 23, 2019 at 4:37 pm #197482

pff no way

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    March 24, 2019 at 12:49 pm #197503

StrikeEagle15,

He said: ” I saw it as it date but I am not sure how she saw it?”
    StikeEagle15: Why do you think there was uncertainty?

The primary difference between a “date” and “hanging out” is having ROMANTC intentions!
    A woman should know upfront that this is a (date) and not two people just “hanging out”
    Fear of rejection is usually what keeps guys from being upfront. A little playful flirtation helps set the tone.

Yes, actual romance occurs after you have established chemistry and so fourth.
    It’s not about where you go on the date but rather WHY you are investing time with this person to begin with!

Whenever a man is not upfront about his {intentions or motivations} for asking a woman the “friend zone” awaits him.
    It’s a cowardly approach to dating when a man {pretends like he is not romantically interested in a woman}.
    It also gives her an opportunity to feign shock or surprise when he finally works up the nerve to be transparent.

To each his own. Life is a (personal) journey!