Met a girl through mutual friends and shes moving close soon

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    July 7, 2018 at 7:34 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

CROWNrsf
    CROWNrsf
    Participant
    July 9, 2018 at 8:33 pm #178822

So here’s my dilemma. Me and this girl met through mutual friends a bit ago at a party (she’s best friends with the hosts) and we REALLY hit it off. She told our mutual friends that she thought i was super cute and shes really interested. Anyway, she was visiting from another state but she’s moving down here to go to school soon. I say bye at the party and leave to go back to my place. The next day, i friend her on facebook and ask if she would like to grab dinner or coffee sometime before she leaves and she says that she only has 2 days left and her days are super booked with plans with her best friend. Afterwards, I explain to her how i felt about how well we hit it off and ask her if she would like to get to know each other better before she moves down here. She says that she is overwhelmed right now but she is totally open to it once she moves down here. Should i keep messaging her or just wait till she gets down here? also do you guys think she’s still interested?

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    July 10, 2018 at 4:41 pm #178943

She may be still interested but you sounded a little pushy.
    When she told you she was only going to be there for two more days and already had plans you should have backed off.
    All you need to do is make sure she has your number and email address.
    Ask her to look you up once she gets moved and settled in. Wish her safe travels.

In the mean time leave her alone and go about living your life, dating, or doing whatever.
    If she contacts you great if not so be it. You don’t want to come off as being a stalker.

You kind of came on too strong after only one meeting.
    Going home looking her up on Facebook and insisting on getting to know her (before she moves there) was too much.
    What is the rush??? She’s moving there soon. Some girls might see those actions as being a little “creepy” or desperate.
    It was unrealistic to expect her to drop all of her plans with her best friend for the remaining two days to spend time with you. Once she moves you can touch base with her.

tellingstories1
    tellingstories1
    Participant
    July 11, 2018 at 2:42 pm #179030

I agree, give her some time + space and maybe try messaging her a week after she moved, maybe she is settled in then?

k1991
    k1991
    Participant
    July 13, 2018 at 8:28 pm #179320

I know you’re going to hate this answer, because I would hate it. But leave her alone. I say keep hanging out with the mutual friends you guys have, stay relevant, focus on yourself, but if you message her she will probably become disinterested. That’s how girls work in my experience.