Met a nice girl at the bar, got great connection with her but no response on my

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    August 8, 2019 at 8:33 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

licooper
    licooper
    Participant
    February 10, 2019 at 3:59 pm #194594

Hey,
    I met a girl at the bar and we really hit it off. We spent about 10min chatting together before I had to leave but all signs were that she was interested: prolonged eye contact, smiling, conversation was very easy going, light arm touching from her and it felt like conversation could go on and on. I asked her out and gave me her phone number.
    So, I texted her the next day asking how did the rest of the night go with the intention to eventually set up a date, and she hasn’t responded yet (5h since then so far).
    When should I text her back if she doesn’t respond to me and what should I say? I don’t want to come of needy, but nowadays people are on their phones all the time. There’s no way she didn’t see the text from me and I always get a text from my friends within like 5 minutes at most.
    Also, I know how time sensitive the matter is, that is why I’m asking this question even only 5h past after my text.

licooper
    licooper
    Participant
    February 10, 2019 at 3:59 pm #194595

Also, I’ve been in the similar situation before. Good vibes when I meet the girl in person, but the next day when I texted her she replied on my every second message at most. It felt like I was dragging the response out of her. So, I dropped an attempt that time because I thought she is not interested.

Thank you.

newgirl
    newgirl
    Participant
    February 10, 2019 at 4:17 pm #194597

Really, just chill!!!
    It ONLY has been 5 hours.
    Plenty of things can be done in 5 hours!
    When she doesn’t text you back after 5 days, well… yeah then it’s clear.
    You don’t want to seem needy, but neither does she! Maybe that’s why she’s waiting so long.
    Or she could just be busy.. family visit maybe, day out with her friends, some people work on Sundays, …
    So many possibilities!
    Just wait and relax a bit

newgirl
    newgirl
    Participant
    February 10, 2019 at 4:20 pm #194598

Really, just chill!!!
    It ONLY has been 5 hours.
    Plenty of things can be done in 5 hours!
    When she doesn’t text you back after 5 days, well… yeah then it’s clear.
    You don’t want to seem needy, but neither does she! Maybe that’s why she’s waiting so long.
    Or she could just be busy.. family visit maybe, day out with her friends, some people work on Sundays, …
    So many possibilities!
    Just wait and relax a bit

licooper
    licooper
    Participant
    February 11, 2019 at 8:20 am #194600

Haha
    well, it’s not that I’m inpatient, it is just that I don’t know if there is anything behind her not responding. to break it simple, as a guy I must know what’s going on to choose how to act. Otherwise I’m not doing my job right.

licooper
    licooper
    Participant
    February 11, 2019 at 2:27 pm #194713

Hey LeviKing,
    I read your post (before it was deleted) and bought your book to support your project. Thanks. It looks like you and me are on the same page: I also appears to me that women like when men take charge, direct and confident. And, frankly, that is what I’m trying to accomplish. But as I am reading more on how people flirt, date and eventually have sex, I realize it is not that simple. I don’t know why but it appears to me that girls overcomplicate things. Anyway, I’m confused for now 😀 But we’ll see where it will lead me. If you are reading this, let’s get in touch over email or something and talk more about it. Let me know and I share my email with you.

P.S. I’m not sure about calling them though. Nowadays, calling is intrusive. I hate when people call me and I’m in the middle of work.