Met guy online who lives many miles away, things were great then fizzled quickly

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Met guy online who lives many miles away, things were great then fizzled quickly

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2018 at 4:24 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

cactuscrazy
    cactuscrazy
    Participant
    March 20, 2018 at 10:12 am #167879

A week ago I reached out to a guy on a dating website who lives many states away. I’d been considering moving to his state for the past couple of months so I thought I’d check my prospects. Afte est. his identity I sent him a msg with my name/number and told him to contact me. He texted me a few hours later and the more we talked the more we hit it off. We talked on the phone every night and in every conversation he mentioned marriage. He joked “If we got married you wouldn’t have to change your initials” and constantly brought up how I was wife material. He also joked that I would be the one to balance “our” checkbook and even joked that a friend who lives near him also married a woman from my state so there was hope for us. He constantly used the words “we” and “our” and even asked me to be his date to a wedding. Then things crashed and burned. He suddenly became very short with his responses and I could tell something changed. Now we’re no longer talking. What happened?

vcreation
    vcreation
    Participant
    April 2, 2018 at 12:46 am #169257

u2 spend too much time chatting/talking i guess. aim of online dating is to meet in person,, not ASAP but ALTAP… as little texting as possible. and pls don’t tell me u plan on moving there for him lol. when u text chat too much the conversation can get boring and die down, he is probably chatting with someone else or dating someone else. best thing to do is stop chatting gossips, and only message to setup dates, no good morning hows was ur weekend all that BS, it’s pointless conversation. only msg him to setup meeting