Mixed signals from co-worker

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    August 8, 2019 at 10:57 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

kerhart2572
    kerhart2572
    Participant
    July 14, 2019 at 9:01 pm #203644

A month ago a man that works at the same place randomly initiated contact with me. I’m 47, he is 57. I’m in the process of getting divorced, after a year of separation he has never been married. I work in the Admin offices and he works on the production floor. I can’t enter his work area because you need special gear to enter that area, so he has to purposely come out into my area to talk. After the initial contact, we would see each other in the break room and he asked fairly personal questions. He mentioned that he has a motorcycle and we joked about him taking me for a ride and a week later he came to my desk and asked how he could contact me to set something up and I gave him my phone number. We went for a ride and stopped at a local restaurant for dinner. I offered to pay for my meal and he wouldn’t let me. We have casually spent time together outside of work at least once a week since that time. He has treated me to dinner on 4 more occasions. He has helped me with my car and in

kerhart2572
    kerhart2572
    Participant
    July 14, 2019 at 9:08 pm #203645

my house. I like him and we have fun when we’re together. We have a good rapport and similar sense of humor. He has said a few times that nobody has been “desperate enough” to marry him in the past, but I wonder if other women have been interested and he doesn’t see it or he just isn’t interested in a relationship or ??. I have been doing my best flirting. A week ago he called to ask me out but I was out of town. I honestly can’t tell if he is interested in a relationship or not. I am hesitant to ask because we do work together and see each other occasionally and it might be awkward if I ask and he is just not interested. I enjoy his friendship too and wouldn’t want to risk losing that, but I am open to dating too. He is a really nice guy. He will help anybody do anything. I can’t tell if he is just being nice to me or if he is attracted to me. Any advice would be appreciated.

georgiemoo
    georgiemoo
    Participant
    July 24, 2019 at 3:11 pm #204278

Why not propose that you for lunch together? Or a drink? It doesn’t need to be ‘a date’. You could day you are just ‘catching up’ and see where it goes from there?