He’s Sending You Mixed Signals

DATING ADVICE FORUM

He’s Sending You Mixed Signals

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    August 8, 2018 at 8:29 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

sphinx_s
    sphinx_s
    Participant
    November 21, 2012 at 12:59 pm #17014
    Reply To: He’s Sending You Mixed Signals

I’d prefer not to “quote” you (kaye.jaqueline) but in response to your problem, I agree with Caroline. You shouldn’t have had your ex do any kind of grunt work. I don’t think it was really nice to do that to him either. He’s still an ex and from what it sounds like, he respects you enough to not say anything too mean about you.

Try to solve your own problems without getting other people in your business. Time to grow up a little.

sara
    sara
    Participant
    November 21, 2012 at 11:53 pm #17100

If I am interested in a guy then I will just go and ask him whether he wants to begin with a relationship. Just sending messages and then waiting for him to approach me is not my style at all.

Jason
    Jason
    Participant
    November 26, 2012 at 11:12 am #17197

@kaye.jacqueline my thoughts from a guys point of view.

It looks like he wanted to give it a try. Probably after having sex he started to rethink things. Having your ex get involved in any way is always a bad move. Seems like he wants to take it slow and he is interested but the whole ex thing might have him thinking that you are the one playing games. He might not really know what your thoughts were for having him call. I’m sure your ex didn’t have hos number so he probably rightly thinks that you gave his number to him which means he knows you were talking about him with a so called ex boyfriend. I know it would make me think that you might be playing games.

carlycatz
    carlycatz
    Participant
    November 28, 2012 at 3:26 pm #17455

If I am interested in a guy then I will just go and ask him whether he wants to begin with a relationship. Just sending messages and then waiting for him to approach me is not my style at all.

Yep I agree, no time for games and to be honest, you know when there is chemistry or not. If there’s gaps between conversations and you question whther their into you or not (ALL THE TIME) then get the hint!

dumbGames
    dumbGames
    Participant
    December 4, 2012 at 11:43 am #18080

it sounds like he does like you but doens’t want to be with you but doesn’t want to hurt you. That’s where the kissing and the hand-holding comes from, it sounds like that’s the only way he knows to be intimate with a girl, which is good. I’d say wait til the end of break and come back and hang out, and let him do the initiating if he wants to. Nothing worse than being in a one sided relationship

Yep patience is key. Don’t go running around in circles for someone.

abigail
    abigail
    Participant
    December 13, 2012 at 1:05 pm #18746

Wouldn’t it be great if phones had the ability to alert you when a text is an obvious “mixed signal?” That’d be cool, like a little red flag emoticon pops up and warns you!

sphinx_s
    sphinx_s
    Participant
    December 28, 2012 at 11:02 am #19636

Wouldn’t it be great if phones had the ability to alert you when a text is an obvious “mixed signal?” That’d be cool, like a little red flag emoticon pops up and warns you!

That’d be great! Guess the phone would have to sync with the person’s emotions, that’d be interesting though!

MaddieLine
    MaddieLine
    Participant
    January 9, 2013 at 11:46 am #20255

I’ve had guys send me some obvious mixed signals and I’ve ignored them and tried to pursue them regardless. I guess when my motive is to solely find my destined partner, I take a few things too seriously. I’m a woman in my early 30s and it’s been hard to keep playing these “games” and think it’s just a playful interaction. I’m ready to be in a committed relationship, not waste time texting someone.

abbystheone
    abbystheone
    Participant
    February 19, 2013 at 7:38 pm #23101

Well…I’m a straight forward kind of person, so someone like him would be more than overwhelming for me. I read your post a couple times to make sure I didn’t leave anything out. One thing I never do is string a man along, so I will never put up with someone doing the same thing. He’s your typical confused guy who doesn’t know what he wants. You’ll probably get a different answer each time, and all those mixed signals will continue until he can figure himself out. I usually don’t wait around for a guy to figure himself out. I am a hopeless romantic and I want someone to be into me as much as I’m into them.Don’t waste too much time trying to figure him out…he doesn’t even have himself figured out! There could be many reasons why he’s confused. Who cares? He’s confused…best put on your movin shoes! Good Luck!

Oh, I wanted to say something regarding calling the X….Never in good taste to call ur X to handle your business with a new guy! But we all live and learn and I certainly have made my mistakes concerning men. Best of luck…let us know what’s going on!

abbystheone
    abbystheone
    Participant
    February 19, 2013 at 7:41 pm #23102

Where can I get one of those? LOL

gmh5680
    gmh5680
    Participant
    March 21, 2013 at 12:02 pm #26555

This is one big hot mess. I love that you were so honest tho, thats impressive! I have seen things like this many times, and I would bet that it is NOT heading toward a relationship. First, if the majority of the drama happens via technology but you don’t really speak in person (except when you hook up), its a pretty clear sign that you both are nervous around each other and that the relationship isn’t very solid. For a lot of people, lust is sort of like alcohol. It greases the social gears a bit so you have the nerve to be around a person who normally intimidates you. Until you are comfortable just being yourself around each other, this will NEVER become more than a hookup. Second, it sounds like you kind of threw yourself at him. While it may have seemed like the uncomplicated thing to go, it actually probably made things much worse. If you make yourself SOOOO available that all a guy has to do is walk down the hall to hook up, he’s almost certainly going to take you up on it. Does this mean he really likes you? Not necessarily. If there is a cookie sitting in front of me, I’m going to eat it, whether I really wanted it or not. How could I not? It was just sitting there! However, from his actions it sounds like this guy is somewhat inexperienced and confused. He probably had a crush on you, but he’s uncomfortable with the way things went down. You insisting that you only want a hookup tells him 1) you may have low self esteem and don’t expect more than that or 2) you don’t like him enough to want more than that. If he senses you are covering vulnerability and pretending you aren’t emotionally invested, he is going to feel really guilty and hesitant about moving forward. If he believes that you really just want a hookup, he may think you are a little bit promiscuous, which isn’t usually “girlfriend” material. Overall, it sounds like you two are not seeing eye to eye, there is all sorts of crazy distracting gossip (you had your EX talk to him?!?!?!), and you need to just talk it through. If you can get REALLY honest, you might be able to save it.

joycesimth
    joycesimth
    Participant
    April 7, 2013 at 10:17 pm #27876

i know w good dating site, w w w. uniformedmate. c o m . no ads, no scammers. just give a try,

collegegurl10
    collegegurl10
    Participant
    tae4561
    tae4561
    Participant
    May 15, 2013 at 6:30 pm #31339

This link here can tell you how you can keep in check http://bit.ly/102aZXF

1 2