Most confusing situation ever. In desperate need for some opinions on this one!

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    February 2, 2019 at 3:01 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

hellokathrin
    hellokathrin
    Participant
    February 9, 2019 at 5:41 am #194527

So here is the thing: there is this one guy in college that is a few semesters above. He is very handsome and quite popular and I have known him for while – but not personally. After a while I started following him on social media and he followed back. Last summer I sent him a text and we started texting for a while over social media but we only talked about classes and college. After a while the conversation sort of ran out and I saw hime a few times at college but we did not talk to each other in person since we were always with friends or saw each other from a distance. In december I decided to send him a message again. We talked about college and a few days later I sort of said that we could see each other during Christmas break and he said why not. I told him to text me when he is up to it and free and he said that he would do that. After that he sent me another question about college that I answered and asked him something back to which he did not reply to for 4 days.

hellokathrin
    hellokathrin
    Participant
    February 9, 2019 at 5:42 am #194528

He was online multiple times but did not answer. This was two days before Christmas. He then wrote me back after four days and excused himself that he got busy with classes and such and asked me how my holidays were. I am a very very self-conscious person and I put so much courage into texting him first and asking him out that I had so many doubts. I kept telling myself that he was not interested and that he is only writing to me because he wants to be polite. I decided not to text him back and answer his questions. I was so sad because I had wanted him to be more into it and more enthusiastic about me asking him out and ask me when I would be free etc. Right now I regret ghosting him. It was such a weird thing to do. I now realize that he may really have been busy with the holidays coming up. On the other hand I stilll don’t think that he was interested in me because he did not act upon me asking him to meet me.

hellokathrin
    hellokathrin
    Participant
    February 11, 2019 at 8:19 am #194529

Yesterday I texted him again after almost one and a half months because I saw him on campus. I told him that he was looking very good and he only said thanks. I do not even know what I expected him to answer and I may expect too much but that was very straight forward from me and I hoped he would compliment me back or show me in some kind of way whether he is interested or not. I am so sad and so confused. I want to meet him and get to know him and I don’t want to text with him about college all the time anymore but more personal stuff. I know that if I had kept texting him that might have happened but I was so unsure about his interest. I now asked him how things are going and he replied and asked me about how thing are working out for me right now with college and stuff. I know that he must think I am totally weird. He is so overly friendly and polite and I am afraid that must just be it and he is not interested 🙁 Sorry English is not my first language but I just needed to get