My boyfriend is more popular than me and it's causing me so many problems

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    April 4, 2019 at 5:20 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Olivia_daviss
    Olivia_daviss
    Participant
    February 9, 2019 at 3:47 pm #194544

About 3 months ago I started dating the most popular guy he is on literally every sports team his grades are perfect you can ask anyone and they will know him and when we started dating me the other girls have started hating me they tell me he lowered his standards for me but whenever I go anywhere without him people people won’t talk to me or stick gum in my hair (this happens maybe twice a week) I am admittedly a kinda lonely and now even more lonely nerd but is there any way I can stop this happening why do so many other girls do this to me please anything these are 19 year old girls and this hasn’t happened to me since middle school is this normal for any relationship (this is my first boyfriend)

Olivia_daviss
    Olivia_daviss
    Participant
    February 9, 2019 at 4:15 pm #194545

It is kinda getting to me I have wondered why he likes me he could have anyone he wants but he chose a lonely nerd

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    February 17, 2019 at 3:25 pm #195085

This is no doubt he’s the first of many boyfriends you will likely have.
    However it’s interesting all your focus is on {other people} outside of your relationship.

Are you with him because you truly like him or is he a (tool) to raise your low self-esteem?
    As in if (he) is “special” and he is with (you) that makes (you) “special”.

A lot of girls/women want to be with “the guy” every other woman wants.
    You didn’t mention how happy you are or how much in love you are with him.
    You didn’t say anything about how well HE treats YOU.

Instead you’re acting like you’re some kind of “quasi celebrity couple” obsessed with your bad press.
    “If you live for other people’s acceptance you will die from their rejection.” – Lecrae

It’s one thing if a girl wants to attempt to steal your boyfriend and it’s another thing to be assaulted.
    The next time a girl puts gum in your hair punch her real hard in the face and that crap will stop.

Teenage/school years are just one chapter in your book of life.

katherinexh
    katherinexh
    Participant
    February 18, 2019 at 7:46 pm #195120

Girl have you read teenage fiction all of the stories are about you. Just get you some friends that support you no matter what and are happy for you and your mans. They’re just jealous that u got the guy and they didn’t. Im sure they didnt get the guy because they were mean. And im sure u got him cause u were nice so be nice. Kill em with kindness love. Just do you, hang with your friends, go to school, chill with you hot boyfriend and let them envy you. There is nothing wrong with you its them so put on your brave pants walk through those halls with you head held high and proud and live babe.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 4 weeks ago by katherinexh katherinexh.