My ex broke up with me but is sending mixed signals

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    May 5, 2019 at 2:14 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Brandyfeli
    Brandyfeli
    Participant
    December 28, 2018 at 6:06 pm #191737

My ex gf(29) and I(35) had been together for 4.5 years. She broke up with me almost 3 wks ago saying that she doesn’t feel in love anymore because she doesn’t have those exciting feelings like she use to but said she’s confused. She still texts me saying she’s sad, sending random messages, pictures of herself and She always mad at me for some reason Like changing my social media pictures to myself instead of us, after she did, she was mad about me being around family during Christmas because they didn’t approve of our relationship. I stopped talking to her for a few days and she text me last night. I didn’t respond for a few hrs and she flipped out saying I’m messed up for reading her messages and not responding. She said that I had been sleeping with my ex our whole relationship which isn’t true at all. Today I told her I couldn’t talk to her anymore because it’s not letting me move on and it’s not healthy. She freaked out mad and blocked me. Why is she doing this? Why not let me be?

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    December 30, 2018 at 12:25 am #191755

“I couldn’t talk to her anymore because it’s not letting me move on and it’s not healthy.”
    “She freaked out mad and blocked me.”

You both did the right thing!
    You should have probably been the one to block her!
    The “no contact rule” is designed to eliminate the “drama” and allow those who WANT to (move on) to do so.
    No contact means unfriending her in social media, blocking her phone number and email, and avoiding all other contact.

Don’t ever accept “friendship” as a {consolation prize} to ease someone’s guilt for dumping you.
    It’s also unrealistic for couples to expect to go from being red hot lovers to instant “platonic friends”.
    Your ex is the last person who can help you get over her. You have to “let go” in order to “move on”.

In a world with over 7 Billion people rejection just means: Next!
    Your life lies ahead of you and not behind you.

“Never love anyone who treats you like you’re ordinary.” – Oscar Wilde
    Best wishes!

whitewave90
    whitewave90
    Participant
    March 28, 2019 at 12:47 pm #197857

all I can say is try to put yourself first, sounds like you’ve been worrying about pleasing her and stuff for so long that you cant switch off. For whatever reason she’s doing it (probably cus she’s realised you aren’t going to stand and beg for her back and wait forever, so she’s causing drama to lure you back in)
    you need to look after you, stop worrying about her, if she’s angry or acting up, just you do you. you be happy. I hope you find someone who deserves you 🙂

rapidx117
    rapidx117
    Participant
    March 31, 2019 at 2:48 am #197953

When she reaches out to you she is seeking validation, from you, to make herself feel better. I was in a similar situation and the best thing I did was move on. Once I met someone else I didn’t feel the need to talk with her. Don’t let her use you. Set boundaries if she can’t respect that move on. You will find someone who can respect you.