my ex feels bad about not being friends?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    July 7, 2019 at 3:43 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

cgo1234567
    cgo1234567
    Participant
    January 6, 2019 at 6:08 pm #191982

A friend asked if my ex missed me. She said she misses me as a friend and feels bad because she told me we would continue to be friends.

A Month later I contacted her and we ended up talking for 2 hours. She REPEATEDLY said I’m so glad you reached out to me and we are talking again. Basically we started by catching up then her bragging about all the guys she’s talked to and ended with her opening up to me about some deep stuff (didn’t even open up to during our friendship before)

So my question is…. Is this some ego thing? why say i feel bad when she seems more desperate to stay friends?

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    January 8, 2019 at 3:49 pm #192167

“Basically we started by catching up then her {bragging about all the guys} she’s talked to…”
    Clearly that did not sit well with you. The reason you feel bad is you really don’t want to be “friends” with her.

The point of the “no contact rule” is to allow plenty of time for (both people) to get over the breakup.
    It’s simply unrealistic to expect to go from being “red hot lovers” to instant “platonic friends” behaving as siblings.
    Ideally if a friendship is to be had it is best after each person has found a (new love) of their own.

To completely move on from someone emotionally requires time.
    It does not sound like it has been enough time and distance between you two at this point.
    Your friend was out of line asking her if she missed you. in order to “move on” you have to “let go”.

devdo
    devdo
    Participant
    January 9, 2019 at 11:52 pm #192281

Don’t be friends with exes!