My gf cheated on me. Help…

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2018 at 9:47 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

jkooo87
    jkooo87
    Participant
    April 16, 2018 at 5:07 pm #170809

I found out my gf cheated on me with this guy. We were going through some rough patches and she was having a hard time finding a job and having visa issues. Her familys back overseas. It seems she needed another shoulder to lean on emotionally and this guy did intentionally take advantage of her. She’s confessed everything and she’s devastated about what she’s done and its result on our relationship. She’s asking for another chance but i cant get the images out of my head. She has been so kind sweet and caring during our relationship. But I dont know if i ever will be able to kiss her or make love to her without being reminded of what shes done with him. Im so torn on what to do… any advice?

Arthus4
    Arthus4
    Participant
    April 16, 2018 at 11:58 pm #170846

Personally, I don’t believe good people “cheat”. If someone isn’t strong enough to face the person they “love” and tell them: “I want more than this.” “I don’t believe we make a good match” “etc” ; then they are not worth investing your lifetime into. Remember that you need to keep in mind your best interests and future; and don’t fall for the “she needs help so I should sacrifice everything to help her, good guy” trap. There are those who can only help themselves and will take everything if you let them. My advice is have a direct discussion letting her know that you can’t trust her anymore and that, if nothing else, the two of you need time away from each other. Then once you are not constantly thinking about her, review this very topic and figure for yourself if she is the one or not – I think your answer will be clear at that point.