My girl says she loves me, yet doesn't want a relationship label?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    March 3, 2019 at 7:18 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

fcp4life
    fcp4life
    Participant
    December 20, 2018 at 2:12 pm #191493

So I have been seeing this girl since September and it has been amazing for the most part. She told me she was falling, and that she loves me.

Yesterday she asked why we never talked about what we were and I said we’ll you’re my girlfriend. However, she then proceed to say that she doesn’t like using those words and posting pictures up on social media because it changes once there a label attached, and that she feels that she “loses a part of herself” yet she calls me her man and I have met numerous people of her friends and family. She doesn’t want to talk to anyone else, its only each other… but

How should I interpret her not wanting a relationship label although she says she loves me and calls me her “man”?

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    December 26, 2018 at 11:57 am #191694

Are you happy? Do you trust her?
    Those are the real questions you need to answer for yourself.

If the answer is “yes” then don’t get hung up on titles.
    Commitment is (behavior) and not a title.
    Lots of folks are married and cheating on each other left and right.
    If she loves you and calls you (her man) as you say that should be good enough for you and the world.

On the other hand if you suspect she doesn’t want to put a label on it because she’s keeping her options open…
    That’s an entirely different story.

Last but not least dating from September through December is only 3 months!
    You’re still in the “infatuation/honeymoon phase” of a new relationship.
    Don’t be in such a hurry to weigh down the relationship with too many expectations.
    Allow things to (evolve) naturally into something more serious.

Someone said: “Love is like a fart. If you have to force it; it’s probably sh*t!”

Swoosher9
    Swoosher9
    Participant
    December 27, 2018 at 12:31 am #191696

Simply ask her for a road map. When would she be ready for a relationship? What does she need to happy in order to consider you her sole partner?

wolfe369
    wolfe369
    Participant
    December 27, 2018 at 8:30 am #191704

I agree if you trust her and care about her just hang in there a few more months.

JacobStevens
    JacobStevens
    Participant
    December 30, 2018 at 1:41 pm #191757

The biggest mistake you can do is force her into a relationship in this situation. A woman’s actions mean more than her words, no matter how great you think everything is…she still has doubts at the moment but she obviously really likes you. Let her come to you about labeling the relationship and don’t worry about these things until you need too.

She probably got out of a relationship with somebody and doesn’t want to show she’s in another one yet. Insecurity is something women hate so stay strong and don’t worry about the little stuff. Keep showing her you’re a great guy and she will slowly fall more and more in love with you till she wants to show off her relationship with you.

And if a lot of time goes by and nothing progresses. Then you know that it’s time to walk away, but for now just be patient.

jakariarony
    jakariarony
    Participant
    December 31, 2018 at 1:37 am #191767

I agree with you.

H0pEfulR0mAntic
    H0pEfulR0mAntic
    Participant
    December 31, 2018 at 8:40 am #191724

I’m going to give it to you straight friend. If a girl says she doesn’t want a label, it means she has no intention of being locked down. Ask yourself, “How well do I really know this girl?” This is your life, not some game in which she gets to switch up characters to get to the next level. If you want to label it and you feel there is a need to label it in order make her yours, then you should have that right. Is she at least being faithful to you? I’m sure you’ve already done your due diligence and used a service like Global Max Search to make sure she wasn’t using any dating apps, right? As long as that’s all gravy, then maybe she’s on the up and up. You really can’t trust anyone these days, especially when it comes to the ridiculous amount of dating apps and sites available for use. I would be mostly concerned about the diseases you can catch from someone who frequents social dating platforms. I would just be careful and take it slow with this one. Good luck friend.

Sporidium99
    Sporidium99
    Participant
    December 31, 2018 at 7:13 pm #191789

Just give her time

92untitled
    92untitled
    Participant
    January 8, 2019 at 5:47 pm #192183

You just gotta tough it out and wait it out. She might not be ready and she might be scared of label because it ties in with commitment. Wait it out!

markva4
    markva4
    Participant
    February 5, 2019 at 10:09 am #194211
    Reply To: My girl says she loves me, yet doesn't want a relationship label?

Mate. chill out if she loves you she will come to you in her own time.

GJ
    GJ
    Participant
    February 7, 2019 at 10:44 am #194384

Dear Fcp4life

I read your post and will be happy to assist you. Yes I agree what she said to you could be very confusing. However I need a little more information to give you the right feedback. Kindly answer the following:
    1. What is your age?
    2. What is your relationship history?
    3. You have been dating this woman for only 2 to 3 months and she told you that she loved you. However in your post I never saw that you told her that you love her too. Did you tell her? And if not, why not.
    4. What makes this woman so amazing?
    5. If she is so amazing, and this relationship is in its beginning stage, why are you so concerned about a label?
    I look forward to reading your reply and giving you my feedback.
    Best Wishes
    GJ

mina9000
    mina9000
    Participant
    February 8, 2019 at 9:57 am #194484

You just gotta extreme it out and endure it. She probably won’t be prepared and she may be terrified of mark since it ties in with duty. Endure it!

PeterL
    PeterL
    Participant
    February 8, 2019 at 12:33 pm #194504

I think you’re over thinking things, she says she loves you and clearly wants to be with you. I wouldn’t concern yourself with what label she wants to give for what you have.