My Girlfriend Makes Me Feel Uncomfortable

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2018 at 1:38 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

John_doe02
    John_doe02
    Participant
    September 24, 2018 at 5:43 pm #185217

I started dating this girl about 2 months ago. Weve always been close since we were in Middle School, and now we’re both Sophomores in high school. She admitted she had this massive crush on me that had been going on for over a year, so this summer after going through a breakup with my girlfriend and taking about a month to recover I decided to ask her out on a date, and we’ve been going out ever since. I just feel uncomfortable when we go out because she does things like burp and fart right in front of me. I mean I guess it’s great she’s not embarrassed around me, but it just makes me uncomfortable and I feel more like I’m the lady in the relationship.

edzified
    edzified
    Participant
    September 25, 2018 at 10:50 am #185240

This is why dating was created. This is the stage where you get to know each other. You get to find out what you like and what you don’t like about the person. If you feel uncomfortable with how she presents herself to you then maybe there’s no point in wasting your time with her. But, if you’re willing to show who you really are to her. Then your relationship may have a chance after all.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    September 25, 2018 at 10:47 pm #185364

Suffering is optional.
    Tell her that behavior turns you off and move on.

Generally speaking when someone has a “crush” on someone they strive to (impress) them.
    Farting and belching is not the typical behavior someone displays who has a “massive crush” on anyone.
    That type of behavior is more akin to being “platonic friends” or a (couple of guys) hanging out and not “romantic lovers”.

mytime77
    mytime77
    Participant
    September 25, 2018 at 11:35 pm #185367

Tell her , her behavior makes you feel uncomfortable.