my husband has another love

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    July 7, 2020 at 6:16 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Milkman887
    Milkman887
    Participant
    June 1, 2020 at 6:43 pm #234539

my partner of 16 yrs and husband of 6 yrs: the topic

There’s a guy we have known for a few years now. He and my husband took right to each other understanding one another in a way I cannot. Keep in mind that this guy is publicly and lives his life straight. He has two lovely children. Anyway, this guy and my husband appear to be in a secret relationship of some sort. I have heard them both admit to loving one another. I know they kiss passionately. My husband has admitted it and I have heard them from the other room however they have not yet been sexual. Should I have an issue with. I don’t want to get between people who feel so strongly for one another. My husband has reassured me that he knows where home is and is conflicted with some of the feelings but has remained e open with me about the scenario.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    June 3, 2020 at 11:23 am #234613

“..this guy and my husband appear to be in a secret relationship of some sort.”

” I have heard them both admit to loving one another. I know they kiss passionately.”

” My husband has admitted it..”

“Should I have an issue with. I don’t want to get between people who feel so strongly for one another.”

No one can tell you “how to feel” about having your husband making out with someone else.
    Each of us has our own boundaries and “deal breakers”.

Some couples have open marriages whereby both partners see other people while knowing where “home” is.
    In other instances one spouse learns to look the other way if their partner is discreet and doesn’t embarrass them.

There are also those people who immediately file for divorce and make plans to find someone who shares their values.
    Lastly you have people who quietly suffer in silence waiting and hoping for their partner to make them “the one” again.

Don’t be a passenger in your own life. Take the wheel!
    No one is “stuck” with anyone! Suffering is optional.