My next move

DATING ADVICE FORUM

My next move

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    July 7, 2020 at 12:57 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

asktree
    asktree
    Participant
    July 21, 2015 at 4:43 pm #83103
    Reply To: My next move

Thanks BenEaster for reply. I got your point, its like horse-pill for me. I can consider this. Just that, I have put so much of my resources in this girl in terms of time, emotions, and money, just give up seems like war lost without fight to me. You may understand me, if you have gone though the similar one. Thanks for wishes, I need them for sure.

morterman
    morterman
    Participant
    July 21, 2015 at 11:36 pm #83108

Give it time

rdochuff
    rdochuff
    Participant
    July 22, 2015 at 8:33 am #83112

Get some

asktree
    asktree
    Participant
    July 29, 2015 at 12:59 am #83407

Hey All,
    thanks for replies. I was wondering, would it be okay, if I send her a card or flowers. this may soothe her any indecisive feelings. Will this annoy her more and push away form me or this could have any positive impact on her and lean her towards talking with me.

jadefox
    jadefox
    Participant
    July 29, 2015 at 10:50 am #83416

The bad thing you did was you took advantage when she was tipsy/drunk. I’m a woman and I don’t like this kind of behavior. I think she knew that you fngered her that time when she was too drunk but didn’t tell you exactly the truth so that, you will not get embarrass.. Also, your approach to her when you said that you should take your relationship to the next level is a big disappointment to women or bad timing. You can ask her if you are actually comfortable with each other already, read her body language if she really likes you as well. 6 weeks of no communication means the end. That comes from a woman so believe me.. I don’t want to disappoint you but I know how she feels. So, let her go.. 🙂 Hope it helps!

Sktlez
    Sktlez
    Participant
    July 29, 2015 at 3:15 pm #83430

Sounds like you need to move on IMO–beating a dead horse. If you haven’t had any communication besides little texts every now and then sounds like you’re being too needy and she is picking up on it and trying to distance herself from you. Let her go and see if she comes back.

asktree
    asktree
    Participant
    July 29, 2015 at 9:29 pm #83434

Hello jadefox,
    I think we are missing the point here. The point of fingering is being blown out of proportion here. The week before the meeting, we talked on phone about physical interaction. From our discussion, we both were fine with this. We even discussed which positions are our favorite and which one we should try. Before going to her friend’s place, I told her I will be nice to her and wouldn’t take advantage of her. Then she replied, she would take advantage of me. And when she invited me in her room, I thought she’s ready for this. If she remembered the event, then why would she apologized to me and even hang out with me on the next day. Next day, she told me, this passing out on a date, is not good for adult dating and embarrassed for this. Another thing is, she mentioned she needs to focus on other things in her life- she’s on disability leave and planning to get back to her regular work.

asktree
    asktree
    Participant
    July 29, 2015 at 9:41 pm #83435

Hello jadefox, contd.-
    I do understand that my question of moving relationship to next level was badly timed. But one month ago, I asked her what she wants to do with this relationship, then she said she would like to ahead with this. To follow up that, I asked this question.
    Thanks for the tip about body language and comfort level, I’ll keep this in mind.
    You mentioned about 6 weeks of no communication. She told me in her past relationship, she used to meet her partner in person, after gaps of 2 months or even 5 months. If this is, history of the person, then I think relationship can be rejuvenated after 6 weeks, with proper circumstances.

asktree
    asktree
    Participant
    July 29, 2015 at 10:00 pm #83436

Hello Sktlez,
    I do get your point. No communication seems far harsh from one perspective, and it does indicate she’s trying to distant herself from me. But I also think that she might be too embarrassed to talk with me due to the passed out event. Also, as she mentioned, she needs to be focused on her career related things in her life. Waiting to see if she comes back seems wise choice to me and that what I’m doing.

asktree
    asktree
    Participant
    July 31, 2015 at 1:28 am #83450

Hi All,
    ONE RAY OF HOPE- a friend of mine passed away suddenly in an accident. In surge of sadness, I texted her and shared the bad news. She texted back saying, she feel sorry for me and pray for me and will call me tomorrow. So if she calls and we happened to talk, then I can talk about my grief and share memory of that person. But along with that, shall I include points about our relationship which are-
    a. If she wants to continue dating or be a friend , I’m ready for this option.
    b. If she wants I’m ready to put sex off the table, till she wants.
    Shall I explicitly tell these points, or its assumed to be so, and that’s why we will be talking.
    I just don’t want her to think her, that I’m finding every reason to talk to her. I feel sad that, I’m using my friend’s loss to talk to her, but she’s the only person I’m comfortable to share such a news.
    Let me know your valuable input.

1 2