NEED ADVICE: Does this girl like me?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    March 3, 2019 at 7:20 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

ITguy93
    ITguy93
    Participant
    December 13, 2018 at 12:18 am #190977

So ive had my eyes on this girl that I work with for a while. We don’t work together directly though, and I have never actually talked to her. She used to look at me occasionally – i’d say more than average. I remember once I was in her section of the workplace and counted her glancing at me 4-5 times. A short time later I expressed to her friend that I was interested in her and inquired if she was single. Her friend ended up getting me to message her on FB, but she never responded. This was three months ago. Ever since then every time I am in close proximity to her she will not look at me even for a second; she also usually has a very uncomfortable look on her face. Literally, she looks like she is going to have a stroke anytime I’m around. From what I’ve gathered, she is fairly shy and introverted. I also believe she may have some anxiety issues. I also don’t think she has ever dated someone before. Also, I’d say I’m fairly good looking, if that matters. What do y’all think? Thanks

PinkFlareon
    PinkFlareon
    Participant
    December 13, 2018 at 12:41 am #190979

So I think she was interested, but the fact that you didn’t go to talk to her directly was a bad move. Goings-on someone’s friend and messaging them on facebook is a little in the weird zone. I would work up to saying hi and have small chat with her until she is comfortable with you. Absolutely don’t be afraid of a little light flirting, things that could go either way at first. Even shy girls like a confident guy. Talk to HER, not her friend. She probably feels like you’ve never even had a full conversation, so why should you like her aside from appearance? You want to make sure you express yourself as someone interested in her, not just her looks.
    So start to be her friend, be playful and comfortable. If she liked you to begin with, she’ll be glad when you prove her wrong about you.

mjstoned
    mjstoned
    Participant
    December 13, 2018 at 12:59 pm #191025

Yes that’s the direct problem mostly if you had the chance to speak while you were there in person you should’ve definitely took it versus doing it when you got home or at a different time

ITguy93
    ITguy93
    Participant
    December 13, 2018 at 5:08 pm #191046

Yeah, I would have talked to her a while back. Her body language has just thrown me off, I guess. I sort of get the idea that either she is very interested (because she can’t look me in the eye to save her life), or that she is angry about something or just repulsed. I have never had a girl work so hard to not look at me lol.

michael blaney
    michael blaney
    Participant
    December 15, 2018 at 4:17 pm #191127

Talk to her bro, buy her a coffee or something!

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    December 20, 2018 at 12:28 am #191456

Does this girl like me?

“Her friend ended up getting me to message her on FB, but she never responded. This was three months ago. Ever since then every time I am in close proximity to her she will not look at me even for a second; she also usually has a very uncomfortable look on her face. Literally, she looks like she is going to have a stroke anytime I’m around.”

I’m going to go out on a limb and say the answer is NO!
    Maybe she’s looking at you because you are looking at her.

Even a shy introverted person would have probably responded to your Facebook message with 3 months.
    Generally people who are attracted to someone don’t stroke out when they’re around them.
    If you truly believe she likes you and is shy and has very little dating experience then you need to directly ask her out.
    Fear of rejection and wanting a “sure thing” keeps many men from moving ahead in the dating scene.
    Ultimately rejection saves everyone time and sometimes money. Find out once and for all.

fcp4life
    fcp4life
    Participant
    December 20, 2018 at 2:11 pm #191492

Casually send her a message, or surprise her with a chocolate bar “Kit Kat” (eveyr girl I know loves Kit Kats) and its a convo starter. you got it!

December2018
    December2018
    Participant
    December 20, 2018 at 3:08 pm #191510

I agree with the Kit Kat approach