Need Advice on Getting the Number!

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    July 7, 2019 at 3:19 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

MB313
    MB313
    Participant
    June 18, 2019 at 11:15 pm #202384

Hello beautiful people!

It is kind of embarrassing to admit this and ask for help but I don’t have too much experience with the opposite sex. I’m a 24 yrs old and have decided to seriously try to have a girlfriend. So, at work theres this girl who I presume is younger 19 21 ish, that comes in. She works at the restaurant next door and comes in to buy a few things right before going to work. This doesn’t leave too much opportunity to talk but I know for a fact she’s interested. She initiates conversation, gets a little nervous, and other signs that am intelligent guy would pick up on. I’ve seen her come in for over a month and I feel I need to close in so I can talk to her and see if something is there.

I’ve thought about going to her place of work but I used to work there and it’s just bad vibes. Plus the other people probably won’t leave me alone with her. What do you think is the best course of action – I don’t even know her name but I was thinking just getting name/# . thoughts?

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    June 20, 2019 at 9:51 pm #202550

” I know for a fact she’s interested…”
    If that’s true you are more than half way there.
    Since you’re older than her she probably expects you to be confident and more experienced.
    Therefore (fake it until you make it). Go to her place of work during a slow period (smile) and introduce yourself.
    Tell her you had been meaning to drop by and wanted to know if it would be okay to give her call to go out sometime…

MB313
    MB313
    Participant
    June 20, 2019 at 10:38 pm #202552

Thank you! Yea I was thinking about how I should ask her out without it being too pushy or quick in that little 30 second – 1 minute timeframe we talk but I always intrinsically knew I should just go over there. I just hope the other people that know me there don’t get in the way but it would be much better to have a conversation with her there and if everything goes smooth ask her out. So I plan to ask her when she gets off, they close at 11, I close at 10:15, so hopefully she’s still there, and if that goes well it’s a done deal unless I completely get nervous and blow it. Staying optimistic though! A lot of variables but I’m hoping for the best!

flamey3212
    flamey3212
    Participant
    June 22, 2019 at 10:17 pm #202616

Maybe try introducing yourself and asking her for it