Need advice on how to go about this relationship

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    March 3, 2020 at 9:48 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

daveferr8544
    daveferr8544
    Participant
    December 31, 2019 at 10:46 pm #227092

I am in a relationship with a girl I meet through Facebook dating and I need some advice

We started talking in October and we went back and forth for about a month before she was ready to meet me. When we finally got to met each other we ended up going to my house talked for a bit, watched a movie, and then had sex.

So now every Friday we have been seeing each other. Its been about five time times now and as I get to know her I am starting to realize shes not right for me. We don’t seem to enjoy the same things like music, movies, and general hobbies (she says we do). Shes being telling me more and more about her life that is raising some red flags. she also moves a lot faster than I like to. She constantly jokes how im going to break up with her. She mocks the shit out of me in joking but nasty way. she went through my facebook reading nice post I wrote about my ex in the past in a mocking tone. I want to break up but I am afraid shes going to flip out and do something malicious.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    January 2, 2020 at 12:06 pm #227174

If you’re really afraid she is going to do something malicious or possibly become violent you had better plan ahead.
    Some people in this situation choose to breakup over the phone, email, or text and others simply “ghost”.
    There is a good chance you’ll be called a “coward” but better to be a live coward over dying at the hands of an ex!

On the other hand if you do want to breakup (in person) it’s probably best to do so at her place.
    Keep the conversation short and to the point and leave.
    “I’ve given this a lot of thought and I have reached the conclusion that I need to end our relationship.”
    Don’t get sucked into a “blame game” or heated argument.

The goal of your soon to be ex is to get you to list “reasons” which they’ll try to convince you they can change or address…

Don’t offer “instant friendship” as a consolation prize! Too often people offer friendship in an attempt to avoid being looked at as “the bad guy”. However this tactic simply raises false hope for your ex. The “no contact rule” is best for moving on.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    January 2, 2020 at 12:19 pm #227179

You are the last person who can help someone get over you! Remove yourself from their world as much as possible.
    Unfriend them on your Facebook account, avoid places you know they frequent, refuse to respond to emails, texts, or calls.
    If you are sent gifts or cards don’t acknowledge them.
    The purpose of sending you things is to get you to initiate contact or pull you back in.
    It is best to go “cold turkey” for six months to a year.

Next time you meet someone avoid entering into an “exclusive relationship” until you know you’re truly compatible.
    Committing to anyone too early often leads to regrets or making false promises.
    See yourself as being a company looking to fill a key position.
    You would interview/date {multiple candidates} to find “the right one” for the job.

Also dating one person at time causes people to (emotionally invest) too quickly.
    People confuse being in a “situationship” with being in a relationship by assuming they’re a couple.

Best wishes!

Soorena123
    Soorena123
    Participant
    January 3, 2020 at 10:04 pm #227261

I don’t see what the issue is with someone liking you and trying to get your attention. Did you want her to hear disagree with everything you say and not show she likes you? I suggest you write down what qualities, not hobbies, you are looking for in a girl and then actually judge her based on Rego she is not what she is info. People have different interests do you actually think your gonna find someone that’s exactly like you and is into everything you’re into? I’m afraid you’ll be chasing that forever if that’s what your looking for.

bestbrides
    bestbrides
    Participant
    January 4, 2020 at 2:12 am #227268

. Half of the problems are gone away when your better half pampers you. But nowadays no one wants to get stuck in the traditional married life.