Needy & Clingy Guy

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Needy & Clingy Guy

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    September 9, 2019 at 1:36 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

HelloDinosaur
    HelloDinosaur
    Participant
    August 29, 2014 at 3:10 pm #60403
    Reply To: Needy & Clingy Guy

He’s probably not physically dangerous but its best to be safe and avoid all contact (he’d probably be better off that way as well)

As for your mutual friends, I’m not sure if anything bad he could say about the way you treated him would sound reasonable if you’d only been one date. If the subject comes up and you have to justify yourself then maybe say enough for them to appreciate that he was annoying you without making things more awkward by going on about what a psycho he turned into unless one of them stands a chance of successfully talking some sense into him.

tara
    tara
    Participant
    August 29, 2014 at 5:43 pm #60412
    Reply To: Needy & Clingy Guy

He actually seeked me out again after texting. found me on another dating site and sent me a message apologizing for rushing me. He’s apologized once, thats plenty! He probably knows his texts are blocked, yet is still trying to find ways to reach out to me which to me is scary, and while not a complete stalker, definitely on the borderline of that.

While I don’t know if he would be physically abusive, he definitely has signs of being manipulative and emotionally abusive. Getting so nasty towards me after I “broke up”, then coming on so sweet now. Not someone I want to even chance getting involved with. A guy that comes on that strong after 1 date does concern me. He just doesn’t know how to SLOWLY progress with dating. 1 date does not equal a relationship and when a guy starts using words like exclusive, says “don’t friendzone me”, constantly asking me what I like about him, asking for “status updates” on our “relationship” such as “are we on the same page” and stuff like that it sends up a lot of red flags to me. 1 date is all about getting to know eachother. All that relationship talk and emotional talk is a real turn off.

Call it a gut feeling but he came off as needy, insecure, clingy, desperate, and codependent. Someone who I’d be having to constantly reassure that I like him. He’d be very high maintenance.

And after seeing his twitter page I’m even more sure he wouldn’t be someone I want to get to know even as a friend. His twitter page is just a rant about how women never give him a chance, and complaints about women.

1 2