Next steps after great first date

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2018 at 5:05 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Sector
    Sector
    Participant
    November 4, 2018 at 6:49 am #188691

Yesterday I (M24) had a great first date with a girl who I matched with on Tinder about 1.5 months ago. She lives about 30 miles from my hometown which is a major city. We had some tea and never ran out of topics to discuss. We laughed together and discoverd several mutual interests. She eventually admitted that she signed up on Tinder because she is open for friendships as well as relationships, but she doesn’t want to declare such meetups as ‘dates’. “For me this certainly is a date” I told her.
    Today – the day after – I texted her that our date was fantastic. That I loved to listen to her and I refered to a funny moment on our date. Finally I wrote that I hope that we can both agree that this needs to happen again.
    She replied that she is glad that I enjoyed our date and that she had much fun as well with talking and listening to me. She also agreed happily on my last statement.

Sector
    Sector
    Participant
    November 4, 2018 at 6:49 am #188692

I’m a little bit afraid of scheduling a second date now as logistics seem to be complicated involving our distance and I don’t want to make the impression of beeing needy and/or pushy. Neither of us does own a car and slow-moving public transportation (1.2 hours for one direction) would be the only choice (again, it took 1.5 months to finally meet her and yesterday she was on a concert in town afterwards). I’m also not quite sure if she experienced our date in a romantic manor or just familiar – asking her about it doesn’t seem to be the smoothest way. I’ve no clue if I should ask her out again in the next few days or should wait a week or so. I don’t want to screw it up, as I’ve the feeling I’m developing a crush on her…

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    November 5, 2018 at 7:51 pm #188778

“she is open for friendships as well as relationships, but she doesn’t want to declare such meetups as ‘dates’”
    “I’m also not quite sure if she experienced our date in a romantic manor or just familiar…”

I always say if you have to “figure someone out” it usually means they are not into you.

As for the 30 mile distance, lots of people commute that far for their jobs.
    You always have the option to rent a car one weekend per month.
    However if she is not romantically interested in you then it’s not worth making the effort.

It’s easier for an ex-lover to become someone’s best friend than it is for a friend to become someone’s lover.
    If you ever get together again you may want to attempt to kiss her good-bye and if she isn’t receptive, move on.

Last but not least anyone with an {active profile} on an online dating site or app is keeping their options open!
    Don’t put all your eggs in one basket. Date others!
    It’s a mistake to act as if you’re already in an “exclusive relationship”.