No idea if he likes me after first date?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    September 9, 2018 at 11:47 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

ccbloom
    ccbloom
    Participant
    June 7, 2018 at 10:23 am #176452

I went for a date on Friday with a guy I met on Instagram – we had an amazing night and went from a gig to a bar then to an all night eating place finally saying goodnight to one another at 5am!
    We had a kiss on the date and were both pretty drunk – but he seems to really like me.
    He sent me this message when he got home ” I had a great time with you tonight and really enjoyed your company hope you got home ok x”

I replied the next morning and we had a bit of back and forth where I said “thanks for last night you are a sweetheart” and he replied “thanks, you’re not so bad yourself” and then I said I hoped he had an amazing day!
    I didn’t hear from him at all so yesterday (Wednesday) I sent him a message asking how the rest of his weekend was and we chatted for a little but I felt like I wasn’t getting much from him.
    He likes all of my instagram photos and always is the first person to look at my Insta stories – he isn’t a player or anything like that.

ccbloom
    ccbloom
    Participant
    June 7, 2018 at 10:26 am #176453

I am a 31 year old women who has just come out of a 12 year relationship so I have no bloody clue – I think if a guy likes you he would probably message a bit more than he has been – tomorrow will be a week since the date.

I don’t want to message him as I instigated the last text convo..

I feel pathetic even writing this – I just have no idea – am I best to just leave it and if he’s interested he will get in touch? The not knowing is driving me nuts. I’ve been in 2 long term relationships since I was 18 so modern dating is all new to me!

Thanks

brick-49
    brick-49
    Participant
    June 7, 2018 at 1:03 pm #176482

Dating sucks and people play all kind of unfair games. However I don’t think he would have texted you after the date if he was not interested. Maybe he is thinking the same thing and is hesitant about sending you a text. I would maybe ask him if he has any plans for this weekend and see what he says. If he doesn’t have anything planned ask him to do something. Good luck!

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    June 9, 2018 at 10:19 pm #176627

You should just relax. If you came out of a 12 year relationship you owe it to yourself to have some fun.
    The biggest mistake anyone can make with modern dating is getting attached too quickly or expecting too much after (one) date.
    When people initially meet through social media or via online dating sites and apps they’re most likely keeping their options open.

Odds are if he were really interested in (you) he would have asked you out again.
    Sometimes it’s just best to be happy with having had a good time.
    Just because two people laughed and shared a kiss doesn’t mean there was a “love match”.

The problem these days is a lot of people actually HATE the whole dating process.
    brick-49 is one example. “Dating sucks and people play all kind of unfair games”.
    Everyone is entitled to have their own mate selection process or “must haves list”.
    Just because someone doesn’t want what you want doesn’t make them a “bad guy”.
    Dating should be a fun sociable activity not a job.

hi
    hi
    Participant
    June 10, 2018 at 2:46 am #176628

I feel like you’re confident both he and you had a great first date and thats pretty good right there. I know for sure that merely texting or using online platforms to communicate can feel pretty impersonal and tiring even so perhaps thats why you aren’t getting much from him, also he could just be busy or something.
    Overall don’t worry about it and just keep pursuing this relationship!

terry30smith
    terry30smith
    Participant
    June 22, 2018 at 4:34 am #177707

Maybe he’s busy over something. Is he not talking to you until now? If so, maybe just let it go.