Not feminine enough

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Not feminine enough

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    July 7, 2020 at 1:29 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

m.casa
    m.casa
    Participant
    February 23, 2020 at 11:36 am #230313
    Not feminine enough

So I need a little help right now. Me and my current boyfriend of 1 year have had an absolutely awesome relationship so far, I can’t complain he makes me happy… usually. we have so much in common we get along with almost everything, we have only ever argued about one thing, and that’s that I’m not feminine enough.
    I don’t wear makeup or skirts or high heels or whatever is considered feminine, I don’t know why, maybe it was be because I was raised primarily by my father, or maybe it’s because I feel like i am deserving of respect without all of the extra crap idk. he still says I am beautiful it’s just I would be even more beautiful with all of this stuff thats so against who i am. He did say that he always pictured himself with some super feminine chick. He said he doesn’t want it all the time but sometimes it would be nice, So I don’t know what to do, do I suck up my pride and just do these things for him, or do I tell him to get over it, or do I just cut my loses and break up

m.casa
    m.casa
    Participant
    February 24, 2020 at 8:11 am #230314

I’m not sure I can live with the thought of not being his dream girl forever. But I also love him. Any advice would be appreciated,

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    February 24, 2020 at 4:39 pm #230377

“Me and my current boyfriend of 1 year have had an absolutely awesome relationship..”
    “He said he doesn’t want it all the time but sometimes it would be nice,”
    “do I suck up my pride and just do these things for him, or do I tell him to get over it, or do I just cut my loses and break up..”

Sounds like he loves you more than you love him!
    You have a boyfriend who has gone a whole year with your “plain Jane” routine.
    He didn’t leap to considering breaking up with you when you didn’t dress up for over the course of a year.
    And you are considering breaking up with him rather that wearing makeup and heels a few times per year?

Every long-term successful relationship contains couples who make “compromises’ from time to time.
    One person may go see a movie/play they’re not interested in, make a particular meal, try something sexually…etc.
    If putting on a dress, applying makeup, and rolling on some lipstick {a couple of times per year} is a “deal breaker”…

An old adage goes: “If someone believes you are worth the effort they will make the effort.”
    Clearly YOU don’t think HE is worth it. Move on!

muskangulati
    muskangulati
    Participant
    February 25, 2020 at 2:54 am #230382

just be yourself make him feel loved

Dancer1959
    Dancer1959
    Participant
    February 27, 2020 at 7:15 pm #230618

Maybe you should try a little bit at a time, a tad of makeup or a skirt with some slight heals. Not only will you
    get the reward of his appreciation, you might find you like being a bit feminine after all. It doesnt mean you are changing yourself, just adding more depth.