Not sure how to read

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Not sure how to read

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2018 at 5:04 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Imthatguy123
    Imthatguy123
    Participant
    October 21, 2018 at 9:23 pm #187645
    Not sure how to read

As the title suggests, I am not sure how to gauge if she likes me or if she sees me just as a friend. We’ve known each other for well over a month now and she is part of the friend group that we have. Too keep the story short she’s usually hanging out with us, mostly being guys, and does the acts like one of the guys type of thing, like always say bro to everyone, including me.. But if something ends up being said and she gets upset she would normally only would want to talk to me and nobody else. For that part I understand it’s mostly that she trusts me and I could be overthinking it. However recently we had gone out to a haunted trail and mentioned things like “ You better never leave me alone “ and other comments along that line. After that I joked about how I would try and lose her which lead to her having me hold hands with her through the duration of it, with locked fingers. She had always tried to keep me behind her so she wasn’t at the end and so that I couldn’t go ahead of her

Imthatguy123
    Imthatguy123
    Participant
    October 21, 2018 at 9:26 pm #187646

(Continued) in addition to that she kept readjusting the position of our hands moving it toward her left side despite her arm being behind her back holding my hand on the right side of her. I know this isn’t too much detail and it missing lots of vital parts but I can’t seem to figure it out and rather than do something that could change the relationship I don’t do anything risky in addition to them being in the friend group making things a little awkward for us.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    October 22, 2018 at 1:15 pm #187688

The real question is: “Do YOU like her?”

These days everyone is so afraid of rejection that they want a “sure thing” before approaching someone.
    If you like her, (man up) and let her know. Ask her out to lunch or something, hold hands, and kiss her at the end.

Not making a move is what puts guys in the “friend zone”.
    Better to have tried and failed than to be left wondering.

In a world with over 7 Billion people rejection just means: Next!
    Best wishes!

richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    October 25, 2018 at 4:06 pm #187921

hard to tell. Everything you said “good friends” do you see. the holding hands – woudln’t read too much into it – it was a haunted house. (I’m deftly terrified of scary things and woudl hold hands with friends if i were going thru too.. didn’t mean i wanted to marry them). So the tricky part here is – does she see you as a friend or a person she wants to have a romance with. Not so easy.

I would recommend asking her out on a date and spending more 1×1 time together. See if she holds your hands when she doesn’t have to (no haunted house, no scary movie, none of that). See if she stands close to you and wants to make sure you 2 are in constant physical contact. Maybe ask her out for a walk, hike or something that lends itself to you two having time alone and talking and see what is talked about, what she tries to talk about. Those are huge clues as to what’s on her mind.

Good luck!

Cykide
    Cykide
    Participant
    October 26, 2018 at 2:55 pm #187990

I think it makes sense to try at least to start a relationship

JaneWalters
    JaneWalters
    Participant
    October 29, 2018 at 4:44 pm #188122

There must be a dialogue between people!

VICKYBABY
    VICKYBABY
    Participant
    October 30, 2018 at 6:54 am #188137

How are you hope fine? I am Victoria and i will love to be your friend, please write me back at(victoriadeng4 gm) so that i will tell you more about myself kisses,