Not sure what to think of his actions

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    August 8, 2018 at 4:04 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

ktmiller222
    ktmiller222
    Participant
    May 5, 2018 at 12:37 pm #172292

I was not expecting to meet someone online and like him a lot. We have been dating for about 8 weeks. I see him about once a week. Within the last two weeks, he has been calling me babe and kissing me in front of his friends. I’ll be honest I was a little taken back when he did it in front of his friends. It’s not that I didn’t like it, I think I just felt awkward because we don’t have that gf/bf label. We have not had “the exclusive talk” yet. He recently got a back injury this past week so we have not had any normal fun dates. I’m okay with that because I ‘m happy to lay next to him watching something on tv. Although, I truly believe that he does like me, I still have self-doubt that maybe he is always doing the same thing to other girls. We do text everyday (there might have been one day where we didn’t text). Should I the talk up soon or should I let things continue the way they are going and let it be more naturally? He does include me in future plans.

frank6789
    frank6789
    Participant
    May 5, 2018 at 1:07 pm #172294

I would have the talk with him. If he openly refers to you as babe and is intimate with you around his friends I think it’s fairly clear that he is interested in a relationship with you. It is also telling that he includes you in future plans, he wouldn’t make that effort if he didn’t want to be with you. Nothing you wrote suggests to meet that he isn’t interested in a relationship. He is acting like your boyfriend at the moment. As far as him acting that way with other girls, that’s his right. You aren’t in a relationship, so you can’t tell him not to see other people. I would only be worried if you to agree to be exclusive and he still acts the same way.

2good4u
    2good4u
    Participant
    May 6, 2018 at 12:08 pm #172314

I’d ask him
    Maybe even find a joking way of doing it.
    Next time is kisses you, just say hey, does that mean I’m your girlfriend? 🙂

mah001
    mah001
    Participant
    May 6, 2018 at 10:35 pm #172322

I agree with 2good4u you need to have the talk. Eight weeks is more than enough time for him to know whether he would like to have you as a girlfriend. One hallmark of any relationship or male/female interaction is proclamation. A guy will claim the girl he’s into especially in front of his friends. If you’ve met his friends that should have been a huge deal. As previously suggested, kinda of asking him in a joking (exerting positive energy) kind of way ask “Am I your girlfriend”?

Akue44
    Akue44
    Participant
    May 8, 2018 at 9:30 am #172519

Talk to him, the longer you wait the more disappointed you’ll be for wasting so much time if he doesn’t want to be exclusive. It’s also possible he just assumed that if you guys are dating that it implies you’re exclusive. You really have nothing to lose by asking because even if he doesn’t want to be exclusive you can choose to continue your relationship as it is.