Online Date Confusion

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Online Date Confusion

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    July 7, 2018 at 7:25 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

artsmermaid
    artsmermaid
    Participant
    July 9, 2018 at 12:13 am #178731
    Online Date Confusion

I met this guy online and we’ve texted almost everyday for 2 weeks. We had a date, I thought it went really well. We were laughing, quoting our favorite movies, and just enjoying the scenery. After the date, I told him I had a good time and he said he did too. On Thursday, I asked if he wanted to hang again sometime. Haven’t heard from him in 3 days.

Granted, he works in the film industry and I know that it can be very very time consuming (Im in the same field). I may have been too forward and I want to send him an apology, but I dont know A. what to say and B. when or if I should send it. My family keeps telling me that hes just not interested, but what doesnt sit right about that is that we were both laughing our heads off and he almost missed his train because we were laughing so hard. I probably am reading much more into this than I should, but did I misjudge how our date went? What should I do to get some closure?

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    July 9, 2018 at 9:39 am #178760

“My family keeps telling me that hes just not interested, but what doesnt sit right…”

“I met this guy online and we’ve texted almost everyday for 2 weeks. We had a date..”
    ” I asked if he wanted to hang again sometime. {Haven’t heard from him in 3 days.}”

Sounds like your family knows what they are talking about!
    If a guy was really into (you) he wouldn’t go 3 days without contacting you.
    Nobody is so busy they can’t find time to send a text! (He found time everyday for 2 weeks before meeting you.)
    Some people call this “ghosting” but ultimately it’s just plain old rejection.

Secondly you have nothing to apologize for!
    It’s possible to have a nice time on date with someone you’re NOT romantically interested in.

Essentially it’s called making the most out of the date. Both women and men have been known to do this.
    When there ARE “romantic sparks” there’s usually physical touching, holding hands, kissing, and making plans for the next date.

Move on!

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    July 9, 2018 at 9:45 am #178767

“What should I do to get some closure?”

Oh God! You weren’t in a relationship!
    {One date} shouldn’t require “closure”!

Do not overly emotionally invest in anyone on one date.
    Until you’ve had a discussion about being in an “exclusive relationship” you should date multiple people.

In a world with over 7 Billion people rejection just means: NEXT!
    Best wishes!

artsmermaid
    artsmermaid
    Participant
    July 9, 2018 at 10:23 am #178773

Thanks scorpio.

“Closure” might not have been the best word (I’m not good at finding the right words sometimes). I think what I meant was “knowledge on what the heck is going on.”

In any case, I’m already looking at other people and, hopefully, I can find mister “right”.

nickleoallen
    nickleoallen
    Participant
    July 9, 2018 at 3:11 pm #178807

No need to apologize. His actions are saying how he feels. There are many wonderful people out there. You’ll find someone soon enough.

FridRix
    FridRix
    Participant
    July 10, 2018 at 2:04 am #178824

Really. I support the audience here about the fact that a guy can write a text. HE WILL FIND TIME if this really is what he wants. No need for an apology. On the one hand, look.

On the other hand. Judging by myself, for example, even when at work abroad I can not call my wife for a 4 days because I’m busy. But we are husband and wife.
    We trust each other.

In your case, it’s not a relationship, but a meeting. Well, talked like fellow travelers on the train and that’s it.

artsmermaid
    artsmermaid
    Participant
    July 10, 2018 at 8:49 am #178828

Thank you all for your wisdom. Using the word “closure” might not have been the best decision on my part (again, I sometimes use the wrong words to say what I actually mean), but it is reassuring to know that it is not something I did. Yes, we had a great time, but a good time doesn’t mean something will happen. I am moving on to more options, hoping that the right person will come along.